Make Money Forum Announcements

HELLO
* * * - - 1 votes

Pinterest.com - Reviews Pinterest, anybody use pinterest.com?

pinterest.com pinterest pinterest.com reviews pinterest.com review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Paulie Boy

Paulie Boy

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

I heard about pinterest.com whilst reading a magazine recently. Apparently it is supposed to be the next big thing after twitter. Pinterest is supposed to be twitter but with pictures. Interesting, eh. The review in the magazine was saying that many of the large image houses are blocking pinterest from use their images to be what they call *pinned*.

Supposed to be good for marketing. But you are marketing with images instead of words. Pretty interesting when you look at it, marketing but with images, . I had a look at the pinterest.com website and yes it looks a little difficult to get the hang of it and navigate it still looks an interesting concept for possible marketing.

#2 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Pinterest is one of the most powerful websites in 2012, but they are kicking marketers out of their website as we speak, they update their policy as they are having pretty hard time with people misusing their website.

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#3 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

That was always going to happen, marketers will definitely jump onto a website like that. I am surprised that a WSO has not already been created about it "How to make money with Pinterest, only $7".... thousands of reviews to follow.... ;)

#4 Growler

Growler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

I was looking at pinterest the other day, looks interesting and it also looks like the owners are on to making a bag load of money already. Looks to be worth millions and it has not been that well known for any timescale.

Just shows you that an idea can make you very wealthy indeed, and quickly, if you get the right ideas. :blink:

#5 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostForum Admin, on 29 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

That was always going to happen, marketers will definitely jump onto a website like that. I am surprised that a WSO has not already been created about it "How to make money with Pinterest, only $7".... thousands of reviews to follow.... ;)

They are out there, I should know, I jumped on the bandwagon and bough one.  Do i regret it?  Absolutely not.  It at least showed me how to use the site....I found it rather confusing at first.  I think that the success of pinterest depends on your niche.  If you are using amazon and are posting pictures of bags maybe you could generate some sales.  Other things....not so much.  I think most people on pinterest are just looking to have fun and post pictures of cool things.  I get traffic but nothing converts.  I am also very new to IM in general so take my views with a grain of salt.

#6 jony158

jony158

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

Pinterest has found a niche and offered something a bit different from other sites. Pinterest is also attracting a larger following of female members from what I've been reading, so their demographic is a bit different as well. I'd like to see them continue to grow.

#7 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

They have indeed found a niche and I will admit, it's a pretty cool website.  I kind of view it as a time waster though, something that you can go on and look at funny pictures of cats.  Some other people have been able to generate income from it (I think that is why we are all interested in it in the first place) but I just don't view it as something that can benefit my niches.  That won't stop me from pinning articles and the like from my sites, it takes very little effort to do so, I just would rely on it for constant traffic.  I think that it falls more into the viral category than anything......will a pin get extremely popular? Possibly, but who knows when or for what reason.

#8 sandeepunnao

sandeepunnao

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostOneGoodMan, on 29 March 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Pinterest is one of the most powerful websites in 2012, but they are kicking marketers out of their website as we speak, they update their policy as they are having pretty hard time with people misusing their website.

Completely agreed Even now we can't create an account it's invite only.

#9 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

View Postsandeepunnao, on 20 May 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Completely agreed Even now we can't create an account it's invite only.

Well, this is a perfect example of BAD marketers ruining it for everybody else. You only have to take a look at the Warrior Forum to see a perfect example of people creating rubbish that tarnishes marketers and losing a good outlet for marketing, in the process.

#10 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

I view pinterest as a total crapshoot.  There is no way to predict what will generate interest and traffic.  Sometimes the dumbest pins in the world go viral and I would never have planned for that.  Other times something that I think is clever fails miserably.  A fun website and that is about it for me....

#11 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

View Posteverythingsimpl, on 21 May 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

I view pinterest as a total crapshoot.  There is no way to predict what will generate interest and traffic.  Sometimes the dumbest pins in the world go viral and I would never have planned for that.  Other times something that I think is clever fails miserably.  A fun website and that is about it for me....

A little like youtube videos, yes? Some of the nonsense you see on there that have millions of 'hits'. And you just shake your head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users