8 replies to this topic

#1 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Google Adsense? Does it really work?

My feelings on Google Adsense, are this. If you have a generic website that you are NOT reliant for potential customers clicking your bespoke adverts, then Google Adsense could work for you. What I mean is, if on your own website you are selling services and products, then I do NOT feel Adsense is the right model.

Here is an example of Google Adsense NOT working:

a > Your Website Selling services that make you £10-£15 per product sold.

b > Placing Google Adsense on your site that makes you £0.25 pence per click.

In this situation I feel it would be foolish to have Google Adsense on your website, because all you would be doing is diverting traffic and customers AWAY from your profitable sales, just for the sake of maybe 25 pence for a click. False economy.

You would be handing customers away.

Where Google Adsense could work:

a > You have a blog, or website that is information only, where you are NOT selling products/services.

b > This is then worth having Google Adsense on your website, because you are then not diverting potential customers away from your own products, and services, and thus not losing money on sales, so then if your blog visitors then decide to click an Adsense link, paying you money, this is an advantage, obviously.

Just remember, that Google Adsense is primarily designed to drive customers to those that pay Google on Adwords, so if you are driving these customers away from YOUR products, then Google Adsense should not be for you.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#2 CaseyBell

CaseyBell

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Adsense certainly does produce a return, and as Katies says very well, it should only be used on websites that are not intended for your consumer sales, or you will be leaving dollars on the table for somebody else to pick up.

#3 CaseyBell

CaseyBell

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

In addition, make sure that you do not click your own adsense advert, as Google can ban your account for it. I know it has happened to a few people from other forums I visit.

Above all dont put all your eggs in one basket either, due to Google changing their own rules on a whim.

#4 Setuan

Setuan

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

I still think that this may very well earn

#5 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostSetuan, on 03 April 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

I still think that this may very well earn

What?

#6 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

I have adsense on one of my sites, it generates a very very small amount of money (less than 5.00 a month) Traffic is the key to adsense, if you don't get it you won't make that much.

#7 roger

roger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Adsense (and Adsense alternatives) pay only if your site draws lots of traffic.
But, if you're blogging about something you care about, and you enjoy the interaction with the community, it doesn't really matter does it?

#8 webrunner

webrunner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostCaseyBell, on 29 March 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

In addition, make sure that you do not click your own adsense advert, as Google can ban your account for it. I know it has happened to a few people from other forums I visit.

Above all dont put all your eggs in one basket either, due to Google changing their own rules on a whim.

True. I'd go so far as to advise you to avoid Adsense altogether. Unless you are getting a manureload of traffic to your website, your earnings will be meagre. With Adsense, not only are you diverting traffic away from your website, you are at the mercy of Google who are known to ban accounts on a whim and also default on payments due in many cases.

#9 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Adsense generate hell of money for the right website.

While for others, ... having their ads might be just a waste of money and time.

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users