work from home jobs

6 replies to this topic

#1 LucyPrice

LucyPrice

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPoole, Dorset

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Lucy, I am a stay at home mum, and I am looking for any kind of work from home jobs, that I can fit in around the children. Are there really any real jobs out there, that somebody can do from home.

I have a computer, and can work the internet ok, I just need something to get me started. I don't have a great deal of spare money, but I could get a bit if needed to start me up. I just do not know where to start. I type into searches about working from home, but all I see are websites asking for subscriptions, which puts me off straight away.

My last job I was a secretary, so my typing is really fast, so a typing job I could do from home. Do companies offer this kind of work, and advertise the positions online? I would like to find one if possible.

I tried peopleperhour.com and sent in all my details and set my hourly rate but I just didn't get any interest after weeks of being on there.

I appreciate that lots if people want to work from home due to circumstances, but surely there has to be some real work out there??

Not desperate, but if somebody knows of a real website that offers home type of work, I would love you forever :wub:

I am single now, as my children's father left us a couple of months ago, but I wont go into the details of that, boring.

So thats me, need to make some extra money from my computer, and something that I can fit in whilst the children are at school ideally.

If you know any anything then please let me know. I will stick around this website and hope to learn as much as I can from you kind folk.

Lucy xxx :)

#2 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hi again Lucy, it is nice to have another woman, and mum around the place, and we are similar age too. :rolleyes:

I am sure that your secretarial skills can help you to find a work from home job. I have never tried this myself, but have you tried any agencies and asked if they have any clients on their books that allow the workers to work from their homes? I think it would be worth a try at least.

A lot of companies now allow their workers to do the jobs from home, as it also saves them in overheads, and with the internet, this makes this viable for both the employer, and employee.

It might also be worth setting up a small website, that can advertise your services. It does not have to cost the earth, just something simple, where you can maybe give examples of your work, almost like an online CV. I know of a few people who do this, then the worker can direct any potential employer to a portal of their work, which makes things a little easier when the employer needs to grasp what type, and quality of work you can offer.

Yes you have certainly told a story up there :rolleyes:  and I can relate to it a little. You now want your independence and to start getting back on your feet. I have sent you a private message too, as I have something that may interest you.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#3 LucyPrice

LucyPrice

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPoole, Dorset

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Thank Katie. I have rceived your private message. Didn't see it at first up there at the top, what am I like lol

Thanks also for the advise, I might just do that and set up a mini website. I will need to look into how to set one up.

Thank you xxx

#4 Jack2012

Jack2012

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hello Lucy!
How are you?
Saw that you new here such as I am!
Look, i don't know too much about home jobs... actually i never tried to find them... but indeed is a good option, mostly for a mother like you.
I just started to think about this... to be sincere.... and i tried to find it in some places...
so i got in 3 websites...but i don't know the quality of the jobs, how they work and all the rest...
but maybe they can help you, and if you have more news about this please let us know, now i'm more interested about the subject.

Here are the websites i told you:

(Admin edit: Sorry Jack, but some of those websites are just affiliate link sites, which are not really of benefit, you have now been warned for spamming. Next time it will be a ban)

#5 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

I had to edit your posting Jack, as you are affiliated with the links you posted, and have posted them at least 4 times now. Please refrain from doing so.

Thanks.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#6 dame016

dame016

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Hi, Lucy.

You can try to find jobs in oDesk. I have earned a few hundred dollars in the web since two years ago and I would love to share with you some great sites that I know. I can PM You for details. ;)

Good luck in your earning online ventures!

#7 Izzonet

Izzonet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hey Lucy,

The most important thing when working from home is to be strong and believe in yourself.
There are lots of fields you can learn by yourself like and work with, like e-commerce, marketing, seo, writing, typing and much more.
Find yourself something you want to do. For example, if your writing skills are good, you can work as a content writer for websites, or if you're good in sales and would like to sell your own things or other things, you can work in the e-commerce field.

Wish you all the best and good luck!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users