Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Dear Members,

Please make note of the following changes to the the Forum Rules:

Editing posts:

We have now added the function for members to be able to edit their posts. The time for this will be 10 minutes from the time of the posting being made live.

This will avoid having to create repeat posts when making additions.

After 10 minutes members will then not be able to edit their posts.

Guest Users:

Guest users have now been disabled from posting, mainly due to the fact that most of them were spammers cluttering up the place, and as easy as it is to hammer their websites on the first page of Google when they spam, it takes time and resources that we cannot afford to lose. Therefore, guests, have to create an account, or they cannot post.

Signatures:

Members can only submit signatures after 20 valid posts - Spam posts will obviously not count towards this total, we reserve the right to remove signatures that we feel are not in member interests.

Spam - Affiliate Links

Affiliate links will be removed. The forum will not allow you, the members, to pass off an affiliate link to a website that we do not know is safe, or valid. This is in the interests of all our members.

If members are found to post affiliate links, their account will be suspended indefinitely. We take zero tolerance on this. Be warned.

#2 Growler

Growler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Excellent, it will stop the spammers, which has to be a bonus on forums such as this,

#3 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

The editing posts? I thought that was available anyway, or must just have been for me as a mod :)

Definitely agreed about the affiliate links though, unless they have been checked out, who knows where members would be sent to.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#4 Growler

Growler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

I never noticed either that I could not edit anything. Specsavers here i come haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users