Make Money Forum Announcements

HELLO
* - - - - 3 votes

Streetwise Marketing Reviews Streetwise Marketing Ltd, streetwisepublications.co.uk

streetwisepublications.co.uk StreetWise Marketing Reviews Streetwise Marketing Ltd.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Expert Money Blogger

Expert Money Blogger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Streetwise Marketing Streetwise Marketing Ltd, streetwisepublications.co.uk, reviews, and products. Are they a scam? No, but they have been around a long time, and very many people have used them. Read this.

Who are Streetwise Marketing Ltd, Products any Good?

Good Question, and streetwise have been around for what seem like years. They made a fortune for their owners, John Harrison, and Mike Harrison, in the days before the internet took off. You can tell this, as they have still not really took to online marketing, their websites are poor, and their position in the online market is nowhere to be seen. Maybe they are still living off the millions of contacts from the mailing lists they had in the mail order business.

What about the products?

Again, as with many other similar companies, I purchased a LOT of Streetwise Marketing's products around 15 years ago, and this was all through mail order. The products were plausible, but definitely aimed at people who did not have any experience, and who were easily targeted with 'make money easily' mentalities. Of the manuals I purchased, every single one of them went back under their (granted) money back guarantee, because although the advertising sounded great, the reality of the practical was poor.

For example, one time they offered a dating manual, for people to set up their own dating service from scratch, when really, the marketed was already saturated, and the only advertising mediums were regional newspapers who already had big players in the industry, and massive databases already, and the theme of the manual was that you could compete with them, from scratch, without a database. No chance!!

Another example from Streetwise Marketing?

Another system received from streetwise marketing was a system where you had to approach all the pub owners to offer to place advertising around their dartboards, and if the landlord agreed, you then had to approach local businesses to sell them advertising to place around the dartboards.

The idea from Streetwise, was that because a lot of people play darts in pubs (they don't, by the way), that advertisers would receive a lot of exposure. The reality of this system? Well, if you have ever sold advertising, like I have, then you would know that only the most ruthless, and professional advertising salesman would ever succeed at this. It was a hard sell, and definitely did not work. How many advertisements do you see around dartboards? None.... exactly.

The owners of Streetwise Marketing have made millions from the gullible, and desperate to earn extra money, and they were extremely good at it. The problem was, that the products were very poor.

Is it worth buying any of their products, manuals?

I would say no, from personal experience. They always sound good, but the reality is that they just did not work, and that, together with the fact that they have not really done great on the internet, tells you that they are lacking in their knowledge of online marketing, and this does not bode well for their products.

#2 homeland

homeland

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBonny Scotland

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Never heard of streetwise marketing. Selling adverts around a dartboard???, does not bode too well for ideas :D :D :D

#3 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

I have purchased the odd product myself from Streetwise Marketing, a few years back. Well I didn't but my partner has, he purchased a book once on avoiding traffic fines, or something, which was advising how to get out of paying fines I think. I think avoiding speeding in the first place would be a wiser choice.....

Katie x
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#4 Expert Money Blogger

Expert Money Blogger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thanks Katie.

The old "drivers handbook" eh? Streetwise marketing still sell that manual, and no doubt it has been one of their best sellers, but as with all such manuals that was created years ago, chances are the information is totally out of date.

It's a funny thing with Streetwise, because back in the day, I used to look at their company as the model of a perfect mail order business, and granted they did extremely well out of it. Their manuals used to sell for between £29.95 - £49.95, and from what I researched they had millions of customers.

They were also lucky that the internet did not exist, because far better information than Streetwise marketing ever offered, can be found for free now. That is why marketing companies online nowadays offer potential customers the earth just to get their business, as it is all now virtual, with no real, physical cost.

Edited by ReviewBlogger, 03 April 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#5 Chris Mole

Chris Mole

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLancing.Sussex Coast

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

So much information can be found for free over the internet now it make you wonder why any of these  online marketing compainies survive at all.

#6 winner999

winner999

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I have to agree with the general negative opinion here of Streetwise.  I've had the mis-fortune to buy a couple of systems from them (pareto and another horse racing system).   Pareto actually did make me about £6k over a couple of months, but then that fell back to £4k (after some disastrous tennis / golf tips), so I took my profit and cancelled my membership.   The horse racing tip system was utter crud - no better than closing ur eyes and sticking a pin in the list of runners.

Anyway, the point i'm trying to get to is that now i'm on their mailing list and 3-4 times a week I get junk mail from them trying to flog me systems which are anything from free to £3000.    

Obviously, they all go in the bin.

#7 blocat

blocat

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOldham England

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Whoops! I started a post elsewjere not realising this thread existed so please pardon me as I've simply copied my new thread and planted it here.
Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

I've just received a postal pitch from my old friend Streetwise Marketing. This sales pitch has all the usual content i.e. long-winded sob story about being flat broke, feeling six feet lower than shark shit, dragged to a seminar by a friend, realised she could do what the speaker was talking about only better.

Now the thing that intrigues me is that this lady, Mili Ponce, wants to send me her material gratis. All I need to do is sign a delayed banker's order for £29.95 and she'll send me the material I then have 30 days to cancel and can even keep the material! However thereafter £29.95 per month is on-going with no apparent end date so how complete is the material? Could it be possible to make money from day one? Has anyone had any dealings with this lady? She reckons she used to sell this material though a £5000 seminar! I've never heard of her before so I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has any info pos or neg regarding her social network plan(s)

Incidentally for those of you into anagrams Mili Ponce = clip Monie or Monie clip if you like :wacko:  
Luv & hugz,
The cat

#8 RichyJ

RichyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Blocat

I also received the Mili Ponce mailshot & I have to say that it's a classic example of a mailshot in the Andrew Reynolds mould. There are different coloured texts, underlined text, monetary amounts shown in very large letters underlined (I've never seen a larger font used than the one she uses for One Million Dollars on page 10. And the sob story is simply OTT!

It was a delight to read!

However, let's look at some interesting facts. A simple Google search shows that Mili Ponce does exist and that her real name is Mili Ponce Oliver. On a particular website, you will see her educational & employment background. In the sales letter, she claims "Just a few years ago I was working in Tesco's stacking shelves. Well, she worked for Belkin Ltd from Feb 2004 - April 2007, when she went to work for Seimens (and stayed in that job until Oct 2010.)

She finished her degree at Anglia Ruskin University in 1999, so I presume the 'just a few years ago' period was sometime between 1999-2004; hardly recent.

She did run a Social Media Masterclass event in London on 10th July 2011 and I presume this is the £5000 seminar to which she refers.

The bottom line is - is thereany value in the information she is offering? Possibly - although the screenshots she shows of money in her PayPal account do date from early 2010. Social media has changed drastically since then & I do wonder if she has put together this course because her techniques no longer work as well as they did.

I will certainly sign up for the free trial - at £30 per month it's hardly a fortune. And my sales experience using social media is essentially zero, so I may well pick up some useful information

Richard

#9 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostRichyJ, on 02 June 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

at £30 per month it's hardly a fortune.

It is to a lot of people, Richard, £360 per year, and people would kick the cat out of bed if their car insurance premiums went up by that same amount.

The good thing about Streetwise, is their money back guarantees, which they do honour, and which I suspect is used a lot.

As with all these type of old school mail order companies, the inertia of not sending back, is where they will make a great deal of their money.

Streetwise have been extremely successful in their promotions, and as I stated, they usually always offer a money back guarantee.

#10 KennyNo1

KennyNo1

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

I also received Milli's offer from Streetwise the other day and thought as it was free for 30 days I could cancel if I didn't like.  It does bug me however when I'm forever reading a sob story about how a person was skint, depressed, surviving, 250K in debt etc etc etc jeez aint we all!!  Funny how all these people are now successful and wealthy!!???

Anyway, as this was from Streetwise something didn't seem right to me when the order was to be paid to Westside Fulfillment Ltd.  That company sounded familiar to me so I googled our Milli for more info.  Apparently she is know as the "Twitter Queen" which is fair enough but I also found a connection to our old friend Andrew Reynolds.  And who does he use to send out all his stuff...Westside Fulfillment Ltd.

I have found he has a 'Pay As You Go' Social Media Profits Training Course priced at £199 + VAT per month.  On his website he says that one person trialling this course said she received cheques for $21K and $10K with a photo of both cheques.  And who was this person I hear you ask?  Yes it was our Milli!  Those 2 cheques are the same ones in her material.

He used to hold training courses at his offices and charged £5K and if you made up a product you could send to his mailing list which, apparently, was in the 2 million region.  Some of the sales in Mili's material are for £997 and £1497 which are classed as 'high ticket' items.  Are they for courses/summits?  Is she selling these on Twitter?  Or as she knows Andrew is she using his mailing list?  It's very difficult to sell on Twitter a $47 Clickbank product never mind something for £1497 but something just doesn't seem right to me.

Anyway, what do I know, but no harm done if you send for this and then return so it might be worth a try and, as has been said, you might learn something you didn't know albeit in one module!

Not for me but good luck if you try.

Kenny.

#11 Chris Mole

Chris Mole

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLancing.Sussex Coast

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Ignore all sales-letters from streetwise.Nothing but hype.If you can write a good sales copy then it seems you can sell any product to the mugs,

#12 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

What was the name of the offer, the product name itself?

#13 RichyJ

RichyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Mili's product is called 'The Social Media Profits System'

I ordered my 'free trial pack' a bit earlier today via the website address that she gives. I had noted that at the bottom of the sales page it said Copyright The Entrepreneur Channel Ltd and that the address was not Streetwise's but one I had seen used before by Andrew Reynolds.

Richard

#14 blocat

blocat

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOldham England

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hi Richard Thanks for all the input.  The last thing I bought from Streetwise was a racing system where one looked for horse races where the bookmakers' mark up was less than 5% then back every horse in the race proportionately with bookies that paid out best odds g'teed. The idea being if the winning horse went out in price before the off you were bound to win. And so it proved except that the winning horse rarely went out in price and you were left with a small loss. It was death by a thousand small cuts. When I asked for my money back they reluctantly agreed but whinged about it.

That's why I'm cautious about sending for this and now I know Mr Reynolds (Bless his pointed little head)is in the background I think I'll give it a miss. Maybe it's my nasty suspicious mind but I feel a lot of these systems work for a while and the sellers work them to death. Once the wheels look like they are about to fall off the wagon they dress it in its Sunday best and foist it onto the likes of us, usually at a pisspotical price too! :wacko:

Thanks everyone for your comments, most enlightening.
Luv & hugz,
The cat

#15 swiftysgirl x

swiftysgirl x

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Hi i received the same sob story letter through the post the other day, and i was a bit dubious about it mainly because usually when something sounds too good to be true it normally is. Being in the same boat as everyone else i could do with a few extra pennies each month especially on a 0 hour contract. Really i guess i am just trying to find out how genuine this letter is and whether i should give it a trial go or if it would just be a waste of my time and money?

Any help or opinions greatly received, especially as i have no idea as to how i could make that level of money so quickly online.

Thanks in advance :) xx

#16 RichyJ

RichyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

View Postswiftysgirl x, on 22 June 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Hi i received the same sob story letter through the post the other day, and i was a bit dubious about it mainly because usually when something sounds too good to be true it normally is. Being in the same boat as everyone else i could do with a few extra pennies each month especially on a 0 hour contract. Really i guess i am just trying to find out how genuine this letter is and whether i should give it a trial go or if it would just be a waste of my time and money?

Any help or opinions greatly received, especially as i have no idea as to how i could make that level of money so quickly online.

Thanks in advance :) xx

There's a separate thread thread about the system (search for 'The Social Media Profit System Reviews').

I have signed up for the course and will provide reviews of each module. On the thread you will see that I have written a review about the free introductory package.

Richard

Edited by RichyJ, 23 June 2012 - 03:56 AM.

#17 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostRichyJ, on 23 June 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

There's a separate thread thread about the system (search for 'The Social Media Profit System Reviews').

Here is the thread, Richard is referring to:

http://www.makemoney...system-reviews/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users