• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Expert Money Blogger

Expert Money Blogger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

The Winners Only Club Alexander Jefferson Reviews - Is he a scam? As I am on many mailing lists, Another letters arrived courtesy of the Royal Mail today, Advertising the above Tipster, who claims "nobody will ever find a bad word said about him".

The letter advertises "The Winners Only Club, Tipping Service"

Jefferson Claims that he wants to 'GIVE' his next 4 max bets 'free of charge' (red rag alert), and he claims he will also show 'you' how to place £30 bets completely free of charge, which is common knowledge anyway, because bookmakers give bets away, we know that.

More interestingly, Alexander Jefferson claims that : "My last free max bets all won at generous odds of 33/1, 16/1 and 10/1"

This obviously means he is backing outsiders, and if anybody knows about such betting, then you will realise that backing outsiders is definitely NOT a winning formula, even if you worked with the horse yourself.

Jefferson also claims that he has made 100 points profit in the last 3 months alone, but this does not tell you what his losing streaks were, or any strategies involved.

For the uninitiated, 100 points profit means that if he is betting at £10 stakes, he will have made £1000, or if he bets at £100 stakes, he says he made £10,000 profit.

Jefferson also goes on to state that he 'does not want you to miss out on this generous opportunity', maybe he is working through altruism? Hmm... Doubtful, because as you know, what he is probably banking on, is that he gets EXTREMELY lucky with the free bets he gives you, and that you win, and THEN, he will of course charge for his next 'tips.

I have seen MANY of these type of chancers before, and yes, if he gets lucky with his next four bets he gives to those asking for information, he will make some 'sales' of the sebsequent tips, but nearly every similar letter received have lost lost, and then you never hear from these so-called tipsters again.

Have you received the letter about "The Winners Only Club - Tipping Service" from Alexander Jefferson?

What are your views?

My view of The Winners Only Club, is to throw the letter straight in the bin.

Just updating this thread in reference to Alexander Jefferson's claim that not a bad word is said about him, I have just been on my usual, professional betting forum, and there is a 31-page thread about his losses. Here is one posting:
Posted Image

The last post being made on the 23rd March stated:

"hes had a another 6 points loss today .."

Throw this letter in the bin, folks.

Author: Robert Bond

#2 Alexander

Alexander

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Dear Mr Bond,

My name is Alexander Jefferson , I can confirm I am the operator of The Winners Only Club.

First I must apoligise if you did not wish to receive my letter, I purchased a small list and decided to offer a free trial to the members on that list for my service, after the free trial if the individual wanted to join they could do so if not then so be it.

You are correct regarding the free bets from bookmakers, however they often come with terms and conditions which do not actually allow you to cash out that money, I first show the individual how to place what is called a matched bet using the free bonus from the bookmaker, once the matched bet is complete you have a completely free bet.
It is the same method used by bonus baggers and such, it was a no risk opportunity.

It would be great if you would allow me or if you could post a copy of the actual letter sent out, it does clearly state that there is no obligation to sign up to my service after receiving the free bets, I would not like to ask for money up front so I thought I would offer a free trial, something which I have never offered before.

Like all racing advisory services we have our up and down times, the past few days for example have brought over 60 points profit.

I do not make any huge promises, I have been involved in the racing industry in various capacities which of course for legal reasons I will not name since supplying tips violates various BHA regulations depending on position held within the industry and being an owner and such.

I pay quite hefty fees and put in much work for my information and to offset my costs I sell the information I gather , I place my bets before sending out to members so I never have to worry about the price changing for myself hence the reason I sell the information I gather.

Yes there is a 30+ page thread on the forum filled with many ups and downs, as I say I make no huge promises, I do not claim to have any "guaranteed winners" or anything of the sort, if you do not like my information I offer a full refund.

I am transparent and honest and I have nothing to hide, yes it is shameful when my information is not profitable, but over the long term it is proven time and time again to be profitable, we may have a bad month or bad week but that is horse racing I am afraid.

I make it clear members are paying for my opinion based on the information I receive and my own form study, you can see upon my disclaimer I state there is no promises and if you are not happy I will refund your money, I have never denied anybody a refund and do not ask any questions.

I understand there are many bad characters in the tipping industry, If I am honest I do not like the fact you have "tarred me with the same brush" so to speak, had you emailed me claiming you had received the letter and would like to take me up on the free trial to report it to your forum I would of course said that is no problem.

You can see also on the forum mentioned above I received much bad press when I was actually profitable so you must understand you cannot believe everything you read.

Yes I did say you would not find a bad word about me and at the time of sending the letter that was the case, of course I realize it was not a correct thing to put inside the letter since anybody can post anything about me online, wether it be based on fact or fiction.

All I claim is that my information has proved itself profitable over the long run, we have our ups and downs, my word is not gospel it is simply meant to enhance your own betting, and if you do not like my information I will make a refund to you, I feel that is perfectly fair.

I proof my bets to 3 independent sources and my results are always available upon request.

Of course you are intitled to your own view, but I would appreciate your view much more should you have actually sampled my service before commenting.

If you would wish to take me up on the trial I would happily extend it to one month free trial for yourself so you can make your full judgement upon my service.

If I am honest I thought my initial offer in the letter was quite generous as there is no risk to the person wishing to take the trial, but there is potential to profit significantly.

Thank you for your time Mr Bond and I would also like to state I understand where you are coming from, as you state

" I have seen MANY of these type of chancers before, "

There are many chancers but I am not one of them, my information is good and if somebody wishes to follow it that is their personal choice.
Thank you very much for your time and I hope you take me up on my offer of a free trial so you can post an actual review upon the service,  you can contact me at support (at) horseracing-tips.com

All the best

Alexander

Edited by Alexander, 12 May 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#3 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hello Alexander, and thank you for visiting our forum today.

What might be a good idea for you, is to document your 'tips' right here on the forum for say a month, to see if what you say holds water. I am sure it could also go in your favour.

I would also be interested in losing runs, points lost during such losing runs, and overall points made, month, on month, for say the last year or two.

We have read the details on the other forum mentioned, and it quickly became apparent that once the losers started coming in, you vanished from the thread the details were on. Why was this?

#4 Alexander

Alexander

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hi Forum Administrator,

Unfortunately I cannot offer the free trial in public, it would be unfair to my previous paying members, I could offer one in private if an email adress is given I will happily add it to the members list for the emails.

Our losing runs are quite long at times, the reason being we back higher priced horses, some months we have made profit with a strike rate as low as 11% , however I use a point system, depending on how strong the tip is the more points it gets, so by sticking to the point system we have been able to make a profit with a strike rate of a small as 11% which as I am sure you can gather with such a strike rate we often do incur long losing runs.
Unfortunately when backing higher priced runners long losing runs are often an occurrence and that is why I use a point system to help manage a betting bank accordingly to be able to maintain a healthy reserve during the losing runs and ensuring the losing runs do not fully empty the bank .

I always advise members to start with a 100pt betting bank, but I always advise the following.

Horse racing is high risk, there is no such thing as a "dead cert" believe me I have seen 5 runner races where the jockey knows which one will win to land the gamble (a fixed race), only to see the horse fall after a few fences!
So if you decide to ever follow a tipping service or follow advice you must always ensure that you do so with money you can afford to lose.
The Winners Only Club is not a get rich quick scheme, and if you do not like to lose money then it is definitely not for you.
With horse racing you will of course at times back losing horses and lose money and it is definitely not suitable for all.
The first thing you must ask yourself is "can I afford to lose this money?" If yes, you can afford to lose it only then should you consider backing horses.
If you cannot afford to lose money then no racing advisory, no matter how profitable in the past, is appropriate for you.

In regards to the question regarding why I do not post on the forum mentioned, I was there during the losing times apoligising to members that the news has not been profitable.
I then realized since I communicate with my members every day both on a personal and professional level that I would stick to that method of communicating with them although I guess you are right it would of been nice to show my face upon the forum a bit more during the losing times.

On a losing run however my main focus at times is to deliver news that is going to be profitable and this takes up much of my time.

In march for example a new member to my service would of seen there betting bank decline 70% before coming back to being 20% in profit at the end of the month,

As I say I never make any promises for future profitability, I cannot do so as after all we are talking about backing horses which although are creatures of habit, at times they are very unpredictable and things just do not work out to plan and of course at times things go to plan and we experience great profits.
The only guarantee I make to members is if they do not like my news (in other words if my news is unprofitable) then I will refund their money.

As I say it would be great if one of the administrators on the forum would take me up on a free trial to give an actual review of the service, if not that is no problem however I initially posted as I did not want future potential customers in future to be put off by the one star given by somebody who has never actually tried the service.

Put it this way, this month , although we are up nicely, we could in fact lose it all and more, on the other hand we could gain more, I will keep doing what I have done in the past which has been profitable, but I make no promises in regards to future performance whatsoever and I think that is only fair.

Thank you for your response admin and a great forum you have put together and I hope it grows accordingly.

All the best

Alexander

#5 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the post, Alexander.

Yes, We are willing to take up a free trial, as long we can post the results after the event? I think that would be very beneficial to the forum, and will also help to educate on how gambling has it's highs, and lows.

Please advise how we can take this up.

Thank you.

#6 Alexander

Alexander

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Dear Forum Administrator,

Thank you for taking me up on the offer, simply send me an email at support (at) horseracing-tips.com and I will add the email address to my members list so it will receive the emails as daily, I will add it for one month and yes feel free to post results after the event but of course I must ask not before as it is not fair for paying members.

Once again many thanks for taking me up on the offer, if the month does not go well then of course I will respect your choice of one star, all I can ask is that you please see the month through before making a decision as we can sometimes go a few days without a winner!

Hope all is well

Alexander

#7 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thank you, Alexander.

I will email you tomorrow.

#8 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

Testing results on the Free Trial given for:

The Winners Only Club Alexander Jefferson

Ok folks. The following will be the 'tips' and the results.

We will assume that each point is worth £10, IE: a 2PT bet = £20 bet (£10 x 2points)

16th May 2012:

Tips given by Alexander Jefferson:

Athletic in that Bath 6:10 2pt WIN
Lingfield 5:05 Iron Conder 2pt WIN
Lingfield 3:20 Jonnie Skull 2pt WIN

Results/Finishing Position/Starting Price:

Came 4th SP 25/1
Came 6th SP 15/2
Came 9th SP 16/1

Profit/Loss:

- £60 Loss (6 Overall Point Loss)

= 3 Tips - 3 Losses

#9 MarkLu

MarkLu

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Not a great start to this then. 60 quid down already, and backing a 25-1 shot to win? That is VERY ambitious, and was proven so in the loss. I will be following this, and I will eat my hat if this makes a consistent profit after the trial.

#10 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

17th May 2012:

York 1:30 Steps 3pt WIN
York 6.45 Dorset Square 1PT/Each Way (2 points bet)

Came 8th SP 8/1
Came 13th SP 33/1

Profit/Loss:

- £110 Loss (11 Overall Point Loss)

= 5 Tips - 5 Losses

#11 Marketer Man

Marketer Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

That loss of £90 could easily be a loss of £900 if the stakes were £100 a point :blink:

#12 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Let's see how the rest of the free month trial goes, before making conclusions.

#13 Paulie Boy

Paulie Boy

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Very interesting indeed. The above results are very, very typical of any tipster. 99% of them lose money, and live in hope that people who attain their marketing materials do not see forums such as this. The losses above are quite frightening, as are the odds. There has no talent gone into those selections, none at all. I dabble a bit myself, and just checking a few of those selections, I see guess work at play here. Be Careful, because absolutely nothing in horse racing is guaranteed to make money. These tipsters certainly don't make their own money from betting with their own money, I guarantee you that.

#14 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

18th May 2012:

York 4:45 Rayvin Black  2pt WIN
Newmarket 3:55 Robins Hood Bay 2pt WIN
Newmarket 5:40 hatta Stream 2pt WIN

Came 3rd SP 10/1
Came 3rd SP 9/1
Came 4th SP 11/2

Profit/Loss:

- £170 Loss (17 Overall Point Loss)

= 8 Tips = 8 Losses

#15 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

20th May 2012:

Ripon 3:10 Pearl Blue 3pt WIN
Ripon 3:40 Vainglory 2pt WIN

Came 9th (last) SP 5/1
Came 4th SP 10/1

Profit/Loss:

- £220 Loss (22 Overall Point Loss)

= 10 Tips = 10 Losses

#16 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

21st May 2012:

Redcar 5:10 Red Hermes 2pt WIN
6:00 Wolverhampton Satwa Laird 2pt Win

Came 4th SP 16/1
Came 2nd SP 9/1

Profit/Loss:

- £260 Loss (26 Overall Point Loss)

= 12 Tips = 12 Losses

#17 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

22nd May 2012:

Brighton 4.00 So Is She 3pt WIN

Came 5th SP 7/1

Profit/Loss:

- £290 Loss (29 Overall Point Loss)

= 13 Tips = 13 Losses

#18 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

23rd May 2012:

Chepstow 2:40 Perfect Honour 2pt WIN
Lingfield 5:30 Whitby Jet 3pt WIN

Came 7th SP 12/1
Came  2nd SP 9/2

Profit/Loss:

- £340 Loss (34 Overall Point Loss)

= 15 Tips = 15 Losses

#19 Paulie Boy

Paulie Boy

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Not looking very good. A losing run of the first 15 tips and 34 points lost would have people running for the hills. This guy is no more a tipster than I am.

#20 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

I have decided to end this test earlier. I feel that 15 tips, and 15 losses, and 34 straight points lost, is simply not a sustainable service.

My view is that there is no real 'inside information' going on here, and that if you back enough outsiders, one is sure to come good at some stage, but similarly, this 15 loss streak could easily turn into a 30 loss streak.

Unfortunately, we do not recommend this tipping service by Alexander Jefferson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users