16 replies to this topic

#1 MilkDud

MilkDud

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

Have you used social media to market your products? Have you had any luck? I have been wanting to know more about it for a while.

#2 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

I have marketed forums on Social Media, it is a good way to reach out to a wide variety of people.

#3 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'm planning to make something, but never used it before.

#4 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

I haven't use Social Media to market any of my sites. Although I probably should, it's basically free traffic.

#5 Guest_MisterPhilip_*

Guest_MisterPhilip_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

I use social media as often as possible. It's just a little extra work, but the results are great. You can get quite a bit of extra traffic just by posting a status on Facebook or tweeting. I recommend also creating a twitter and a facebook fan page with each site you want to build up. (Typically it works better for communities or news sites than small niche websites) Once created, link to news, events, etc on your site, and BAM! Free traffic!

There are even some tools out there that allow you to post across all social media sites, making it super easy and fast to get your name back into the eyes of your visitors. TweetDeck is probably the most common & easy to use tool out there.

#6 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

View PostMisterPhilip, on 17 January 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

I use social media as often as possible. It's just a little extra work, but the results are great. You can get quite a bit of extra traffic just by posting a status on Facebook or tweeting. I recommend also creating a twitter and a facebook fan page with each site you want to build up. (Typically it works better for communities or news sites than small niche websites) Once created, link to news, events, etc on your site, and BAM! Free traffic!

There are even some tools out there that allow you to post across all social media sites, making it super easy and fast to get your name back into the eyes of your visitors. TweetDeck is probably the most common & easy to use tool out there.

I'm lacking behind in regards of Social Media Marketing :(
Need to catch up on that, thanks for the link.

#7 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:16 AM

View PostMisterPhilip, on 17 January 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

Thanks for the helpful post, I too am lacking, probably more than Kenneth lol. I will be sure to check it out.

#8 .Anti.

.Anti.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:19 AM

I find it easy to market with social media to specific niches. But for more broad websites it can be difficult, but will still bring in traffic.

#9 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

View Post.Anti., on 18 January 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

I find it easy to market with social media to specific niches. But for more broad websites it can be difficult, but will still bring in traffic.

I'm mostly looking at the backlinks it generate, maybe that's a mistake.

#10 Cini

Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

HEY GUYS! Posted Image

Another GREAT question!  

Indeed Social Media Marketing is an absolutenessfantastic way to generate traffic, AND to develop good *relationships with those in your niche! Posted Image

I LOVE social media marketing, particularly on Facebook.

HOWEVER -- There really is a *technique and a *skill - like anything - to successful social media marketing.  

You would be surprised as just how MANY people go about this the wrong way --- but if used CORRECTLY - facebook can be a tremendously POWERFUL tool to market your business / product / service.

Hey if any of you guys would really like to know HOW to utilize the power of facebook marketing I have a FREE 'Understanding Facebook' video course to all those wanting to use the power of facebook..  

All available on request!  

As always, if there is anything I can help with, please do not hesitate to give me a shout!

Kind Regards,

Daniel (cini)

#11 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

Hi Cini,

Do you use any special tools when doing Social Media Marketing?

#12 Cini

Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:15 AM

HI KENNETH Posted Image

Good Question!

You'll never guess what! ---- Posted Image

I have just spent literally 35 minutes or so writing a response to your question.

Then CRASH - SHOCK - HORROR! -- I hit the "back space" button! Posted Image

And ALLLLLLL of what I wrote was deleted!

*Sigh* Poor me! lol Posted Image

Hey please excuse me but it's 4.15 am here in London so I must get some zzzz's :-)

I WILL get back to you as soon as I log back on to this forum ok!  

HEY! -- It just gives me a reason to write a BETTER response to your question right!?   Posted Image

It Sure Does!

All the best to you Kenneth, and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience Posted Image

Cini (Daniel)

#13 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

View PostCini, on 22 January 2011 - 05:15 AM, said:

HI KENNETH Posted Image

Good Question!

You'll never guess what! ---- Posted Image

I have just spent literally 35 minutes or so writing a response to your question.

Then CRASH - SHOCK - HORROR! -- I hit the "back space" button! Posted Image

And ALLLLLLL of what I wrote was deleted!

*Sigh* Poor me! lol Posted Image

Hey please excuse me but it's 4.15 am here in London so I must get some zzzz's :-)

I WILL get back to you as soon as I log back on to this forum ok!  

HEY! -- It just gives me a reason to write a BETTER response to your question right!?   Posted Image

It Sure Does!

All the best to you Kenneth, and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience Posted Image

Cini (Daniel)

Ha ha, I hate when that happens, but it do - from time to time :(

I live in Denmark myself, so ye - it's getting quite late :)

#14 Cini

Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hey, Posted Image

Take  # 2  of the answer to Kenneth's question :    "Do you use any special tools when doing Social Media Marketing?"

That's a really good question Kenneth.  As I'm sure you would appreciate that with such a broad field as Social Media Marketing,

in order to fully answer this question in all  it's depth, is simply out of the scope of a reply in a forum thread.

I would simply not be able to justify the question or the topic of Social Media Marketing itself in such a short space.

I really hope you don't mind, but can I  (due to the broadness of the question AND for the convenience of this thread, I don't

want to be seen  as rude and flood this thread with a long winded answer) kind of re-phrase the question to....

"Do I incorporate any methods / tools into my Social Media Marketing that the majority of people, even the so called 'experts' do not use"

(when using Facebook - as I always like to be straight, I am just a beginner on other social media sites such as twitter )

-- Can I ALSO just very quickly make a couple of statements which alone will pretty much answer this question in it's entirety...

I have written a report entitled "Blue Print to Successful Facebook Marketing"  - Which covers the entire *process* and *formula* to
successful Facebook Marketing.  Of which I would be delighted to supply members to this Forum for FREE Posted Image. Available on request.

ALSO There is a Free Video Course entitled "Understanding Facebook" which takes you through the various aspects to Facebook Marketing
and how to best utilize them to effectively market your business, service or product online.  Avaialble on request or as subscribers to my List you
will have exclusive access to!

Furthermore I am currently working on an ebook and video course (although due to other pursuits is having to be delayed slightly) that is designed to take you by the hand and step - by - step show any newcomer HOW to create a professional, effective Facebook Marketing campaign.  Although I personally know of some AMAZING video courses (that I use myself) that SHOW you how to do just that, which I highly recommend. Available on request.

To be perfectly honest, there is so much to say on this subject field, on Facebook ALONE! Although below is a
very very brief summary of what I do (very simplified)...

On my LIKE PAGE,  I always ensure that a NEW VISITOR is sent to the WELCOME TAB / PAGE

On the WELCOME PAGE they will be greeted with a VIDEO personally, from myself or my business partner welcoming them to the Like Page, explaining what is about, explaining how it might benefit them.  And furthermore directing them to firstly LIKE the LIKE PAGE (as this encourages
the VIRAL nature of Facebook), and secondly to OPT IN via the OPT IN FORM (with their name and email address) to claim their Free Gifts
and become a member of my LIST.

Furthermore encourage discussions to take place on the WALL of the LIKE PAGE and develop a real sense of community there.  Now regarding specific TOOLS, I use STATIC FBML.  This is what allows me to place a video, images, and opt in form, headers, footers and generally
spruce up my WELCOME page to give it a professional look and glossy feel to really welcome new visitors.

Moreover there are SO many hints, tips and an ABUNDANCE of strategies to really SKY ROCKET your LIKE PAGES, there is no way
I would be able to go through them here unfortunately - though I really wish I could.  

Facebook ALONE is an absolutely MASSIVE Marketing tool for both on and off line businesses IF used CORRECTLY. It's just a matter of taking
the TIME to LEARN the necessary skills and techniques which 99 % of people don't do.  All the information is out there just a question of finding the right source and taking the initiative to act Posted Image

I hope that this has helped in some way Kenneth, and I apologise if it is not as comprehensive as you would have liked.  

I am sure you can appreciate that it wouldn't be practical to really sink our teeth into such a massive topic in such a short amount of space.

As I say I would be more than happy to provide the information I spoke about earlier on request.  Also if there is anything that
you need me to clear up or explain further that you are not quite sure you understand please give me a shout!

Kind Regards,

Daniel (Cini)

#15 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

• Create an account and verify it
  • Go to the Profile and input your url and check if there is somewhere to put an anchor text.
  • Go to a website related to your niche and bookmark it, a big site if possible.
  • Bookmark a news story, try Google News to find something related.
  • Bookmark your URL or a page within your website, can also be a blogger/wordpress blog etc. Anything really.
  • Bookmark 2-3 other news stories, same niche as your site/page.
  • Ping your social bookmark profile (Pingomatic, Ping.fm etc)

#16 GeorgeS

GeorgeS

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

Social media marketing is a recent addition to organizations’ integrated marketing communications plans. Integrated marketing communications is a principle organizations follow to connect with their targeted markets. Integrated marketing communications coordinates the elements of the promotional mix;advertising, personal selling, public relations, publicity, direct marketing, and sales promotion.

#17 ishuvonet

ishuvonet

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

I have tried myself to promote one of my blog through different activities in facebook and I would say I was so successful there to drive some quality traffic to my site.The related groups in facebook really work but you need to be active and helpful to other members.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users