#1 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

I posted this in another forum but thought it could help answer some questions here

This is my little way of giving back to the forum after learning so much. For some of you this is not new information, I apologize, stop reading.

I see a lot of questions about pinterest here and what it does and how to generate traffic. I have generated traffic and I will show you how for those of you that don't know how pinterest works.

My first problem after receiving my invite to pinterest was where to find photos to pin with my website. I am sure that some of you probably thought the same thing. Yes, you can find some photos for free online or pay a small fee, but I circumvented this completely.

I downloaded GIMP but you can use any type of program that will allow you to produce a graphic or a slide, before GIMP is used microsoft paint.

After writing an article or a blog post, I create a basic slide graphic for the article. Think of an overview slide on a power point presentation. I have usually put the title of the article at the top and then two or three bullet points that summarize the whole article. Insert this image into the post and then you have something to pin on your board. This kind of pre-sells people on your article, if the bullet points are of interest they will hopefully repin, like or even click through to get the information on your site.

The second thing that I have done is to generate a slide with a creative, whitty phrase pertaining to your article. If you are capable of doing this and making it ENTERTAINING you will generate a lot of traffic. The only problem is you don't get to determine what is entertaining, that is completely up to the other users of pinterest. I thought I had some winners that no one liked or repinned and I also had some things that were so dumb and got repinned like crazy, your guess is as good as mine.

If you are looking to use pinterest this is a method that I have used to generate a little more traffic. I am not making claims on sales because pinterest hasn't generated any money for me, it is just some advice if you want to try and use it. Those of you that leveraged pinterest for some sales, i'm all ears.

#2 sandy.brendel

sandy.brendel

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

I guess the problem there is on conversion. Just make sure that the page that visitors land to would be enough to encourage them to buy into you.

#3 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

I must admit, I genuinely struggle to see any point in Pinterest, or what value it has, or gives, but what it does prove, is no matter how whacky some ideas might be, you just never know sometimes what people are prepared to participate, or buy into.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users