5 replies to this topic

#1 JennyWren

JennyWren

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

I've only really dabbled at selling on Ebay, although I often buy from sellers on there.
Is any one on the forum making a living successfully these days and if so, without being specific of course, what are the hot things to sell at the moment?

#2 Izzonet

Izzonet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hello,

in order to find what are the hottest things to sell, try using ebay pulse.
it can help you choose which products to sell.

good luck!

#3 JennyWren

JennyWren

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for the tip Izzonet :)

#4 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

selling successfully? yes.  Make a living?  I wouldn't throw all of my eggs in that basket.  There are plenty of weeks/months where the profits are more than what my day job pays.  Like any sales business there are ebs and flows.....enough to not make me consider doing it full time.  I would much rather make that money on the side without any pressure, regardless of how much it is.  When I think of making a living, I also think about medical benefits/insurance etc....A lot more cash is needed in that case and I am not ready for that yet.

#5 jessicachan730

jessicachan730

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

@JennyWren, you know what? I've come to think this question on my mind, what should we sell that will really click to people in ebay?. I think you should sell the things that are the BASIC needs of a human. One good example of Basic need of a human is Clothing, Food, and Shelter. But I was thinking if you will get a high profit on this business. It is pretty much risky because it depends upon your location and your products. This is a nice topic though, about business.

#6 John Ashtone

John Ashtone

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWakefield

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

I have sold on Ebay, however I used it for its original purpose, and found that these days you are struggling to sell enough.

It is not always just price, although obviously that plays a part, it is how much marketing you can put into something, also just what you are selling, as pointed out Clothing is a basic need, but then has 12% taken by Ebay for selling.

http://www.techradar...on-ebay-1075924

The cost of a basic shop is quite high but of course has the Ebay name behind it, but as I wasn't selling enough to make it worthwhile stopped my shop when they went from £5 per Month to the current £14.99, I was looking at selling Books, which are my passion, but gave it up.

It is worth noting though that making high profit margins is not how you make big profits, Ebuyer who are one of the big hitters, buy from Wolseley (Plumb Centres to you) and then resell out, but Wolseley don't manufacture anything, merely buy from Manufacturers, so Ebuyer are working ob slimmer margins but not holding stock.

So the Ebuyer margins are going to be slim, however it is quantity and efficiency that is where there profits lie, I point this out in Make More Money, Starting and Running a Business

http://www.amazon.co...49159324&sr=8-1

All food for thought, and something I note in my new book, on Kindle.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users