9 replies to this topic

#1 Marketer Man

Marketer Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

right, so i get an email about littlefishblueprint.com which is about local markteting. I watch the video that tells me for $5.95 they will send me the dvd on how to make money from it. Sounded good, so I thought what the heck, for $5.95 it might show me something, so I paid with paypal, and the page redirecting back shown me another video stating that the IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE BUSINESS HAD NOT BEEN INCLUDED IN THE DVD.  WTF!!! So I have just paid $5.95 for something that is blatantly useless!! don't make the same mistake guys, it is a scam!!!!

<<not happy!!!!!

#2 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Unlucky, I have seen this tactic used before, not great.

By the way, the website you refer to is owned by: Mike Filsaime, a large marketer in the US, who I guarantee you, does NOT make his money from 'local marketing'.

Put a paypal dispute in, and try and get your fiver back.

Local marketing seems to be the latest product these marketers are hammering out like there is no tomorrow, and none of them will have done it themselves, it just 'sounds good' as a business option.

#3 Marketer Man

Marketer Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

OH MY GOD.... The upsell video is STILL running, and has been since before I wrote the first comment. and no doubt at the end, there will be some software to buy that is **needed**. What a scam. and it is a scam because they have took $5.95 from me under false pretense. how gullible am I to fall for it!!! I will calm down now.

Edited by Marketer Man, 22 May 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#4 Marketer Man

Marketer Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

DOUBLE OMG. There was an upsell. $497 for automated software. What----a---JOKE!!!

I will be putting in a paypal dispute for the wasted $5.95. lesson learned.

#5 martyk

martyk

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Marketer Man, don't feel badly.  I watched the video from Matt Bush and he promises that all you pay is $6 to "master a skill" and "get the whole process from start to finish"..and that there is "no fine print" and "no rebills."   He never mentions having to buy the program. Michael Fulisaime, whom I have never heard of before, is apparently pushing this (presumably for a piece of the action)...and from his video, he says that people should buy it, but it is obvious he has never used it or even seen it himself.  I heard of this from a spam e-mail from a woman named Laura Betterly...a strange looking woman who is always hyping some marketing opportunity.  That seems to be hers and Fulisaime's jobs...hyping marketing opportunities.  Funny thing is that everyone but Bush tells about the $497 program....and that "maybe there is a money-back guarantee, but I don't know."   Bottom line...you wasted a little time and $6, but you did a great service to me and other people. Thank you.

#6 Marketer Man

Marketer Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

A new emailed just arrived in my inbox from them, now reducing the software from $497 down to $277

The ultimate drop price scam!! I feel very sorry for all those poor suckers who paid full price, almost double just 2 days ago.

#7 JennyWren

JennyWren

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

I got the email too, but I'm already studying a really great course about local marketing from someone who actually does it IRL so this isn't a product for me.

#8 GaryB

GaryB

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hi, I'm from Australia.
Although they send the DVD worldwide, it looks like the software is only good for the US.
Nowhere in the demo or any documentation can I see where you 'plug in' a country to search.
How is Yellow Pages in the US going to find businesses in Australia?
How much money does one person want anyway? It wont take all that long to MANUALLY do this. Hell, you can even make a form letter in MS Office that will plug in all the variables. A copy and paste from Google maps and the page of Google that the prospect is on, and the job is done.
I've wasted my $6 for the DVD, but I'm not going to throw away $500 on something that's not going to work down here in OZ.
Even with the 30 day guarantee, it's NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

#9 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the comment, Gary. We actually tested this and spent the money on the DVD, which was a waste of time, and did not explain anything. It was just an up-sell strategy, and hoards of emails followed trying to convince the 'real ' product.

Very cloak, and dagger, and to be avoided.

#10 blocat

blocat

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOldham England

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

If you want genuine info on Internet marketing and business ideas google Jim Cockrum. His book "My Silent Sales Machine" plus his blog is great and Jim is the real article. He has that rare quality integrity. He gives away more for free than these cowboys will ever let you have even if they had it to give/sell. Anything Jim does charge for is well worth the modest price he asks and comes with g'tees.Don't take my word for it just subscribe to his news letter and judge for yourself.
Warm reagrds,
The cat

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users