6 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:54 AM

I have a site that offers people the chance to subscribe for more juicy celebrity rumors, how should I make sure I get more subscribers? Any ideas?

#2 Kramer

Kramer

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

Maybe try and sweeten the pot a bit, people are only going to fork up the money if they get a lot in return. Maybe give them a subscriber only bonus of some kind besides the gossip.

#3 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

I think your in a hard niche, celeb news/rumors are all over the news, even the big magazines and newspapers.
Can't see how someone will pay extra to get more gossip, when they are blasted with it 24/7.

Not sure what you should try to sell to a subscriber list (if that's what your talking about), in this niche.

If it's a celeb news site, then maybe add a Premium Membership.
Everybody who does not have the premium membership have to wait 3 hours before they can read the top stories etc.

.... Nah, that's stupid :P

#4 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:01 AM

I would try and offer them other benefits, like exclusive access to a discussion forum or parts of the discussion forum.

#5 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

View PostMatt, on 15 January 2011 - 07:01 AM, said:

I would try and offer them other benefits, like exclusive access to a discussion forum or parts of the discussion forum.

Thats not a bad idea :)

#6 .Anti.

.Anti.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

Yea maybe what Matt said. But you could also offer them a raffle ticket, then raffle off some stuff. Also maybe a newsletter.

#7 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:19 AM

Yea, you really can't offer them too much. Maybe you could charge an extra 10$ or something and they can get a t-shirt from your website or something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users