#1 blocat

blocat

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOldham England

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

I've just received a postal pitch from my old friend Streetwise Marketing. This sales pitch has all the usual content i.e. long-winded sob story about being flat broke, feeling six feet lower than shark shit, dragged to a seminar by a friend, realised she could do what the speaker was talking about only better.

Now the thing that intrigues me is that this lady, Mili Ponce, wants to send me her material gratis. All I need to do is sign a delayed banker's order for £29.95 and she'll send me the material I then have 30 days to cancel and can even keep the material! However thereafter £29.95 per month is on-going with no apparent end date so how complete is the material? Could it be possible to make money from day one? Has anyone had any dealings with this lady? She reckons she used to sell this material though a £5000 seminar! I've never heard of her before so I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has any info pos or neg regarding her social network plan(s)

Incidentally for those of you into anagrams Mili Ponce = clip Monie or Monie clip if you like :wacko:  
Luv & hugz,
The cat

#2 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

You have a nice way with word Blowcat :)

#3 blocat

blocat

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOldham England

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

WoW! I'm seriously underwhelmed by the response to this topic am I doing something wrong? Has no one found this post? :blink:

#4 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

I think it is because Streetwise is almost becoming generic, where such offers are concerned.

Interesting read, Blowcat!

#5 RichyJ

RichyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Thought I'd give everyone my personal thoughts about the Social Media Profits System, now that I've received the free trial package. This consists of 2 DVDs (each run for about 35 mins); an audio CD (10 min) and the Module 1 booklet (80 pages).

The booklet is very reminiscent of the Andrew Reynold's Cash-on-Demand modules which is probably not surprising since he seems to be involved with the Social Media Profits System (SMPS).

I'm sure you're all intrigued to know "Does the introductory module tell you all about the system?" Don't be silly - of course it doesn't. It is claimed that the course lasts for 12 months and that it will take 3-4 months to cover enough of the system to get started making money.

Although the sales letter only featured Mili Ponce, the DVDs also extensively feature Paul O'Mahony who is Mili's business partner. The DVDs explain why social media is now extremely important for anyone looking to make money on the internet as well going over Mili's and Paul's backgrounds. There are also video testimonials from people who claim to have made money from the SMPS.

The booklet is basically a rewrite of the sales letter plus the information in the DVDs.

Will I continue my subscription once the free trial period is over? The answer is yes. I have very little experience of using social media to make money and feel that this course will give me a shortcut to learning what works and what doesn't.

At £29-95p, I appreciate that not everyone would be able to afford this system and they may not do anything with the information even if they did subscribe. I am always on the lookout for additional ways to make more money from the internet, so I regard £30 per month as an investment.

Richard

#6 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thank you for that write up, Richard.

I actually have the Cash on Demand Modules, as I purchased them dirt cheap on eBay, and I can imagine the attraction for people looking to work online to buy into the sales letters. I think Andrew Reynolds has the marketing spot on for those courses, but the content is sadly disappointing.

We all know what the situation is with these courses, even yourself, Richard. You know that the majority of the whole course will contain masses of filler pages to plump out the whole course, they all do, to extend the modules, usually far and beyond the 12 month period.

Chris Cobb has a similar one, which was really poor, and without an ounce of value.

Although your write up reminds me of over 20 years ago, when I first purchased an online money-type course (before the internet of course, it was more mail order based).

Most on here will not have heard of the copy-writing legend known as Stuart Goldsmith (not his real name of course but a publishing name), who wrote, and probably started, and perfected the art of selling monthly course in an aggressive manner to the never ending business opportunity seekers.

I remember Stuart's course well (still have it in fact), it was called the Inner Circle, and the writing in the course really was fantastic (Stuart is an expert copywriter...seriously, the best you will read), and you were compelled to continue the subscribtion month, after month, hoping for that illusive nugget of golden information at the end.

Sadly, this nugget never came, which was highly disappointing, and in the end rendered the whole course pointless, useless and a complete waste of money. But fair play to Stuart, his writing was a piece of art, and if you ever get the chance to read any of it (ideally for free), then take a look. Especially at his mail-shots. This was before people started making stupid claims about being a millionaire, and filling the page with images of wealth. Stuart just used his art of linguistics to get his point across.

I still have his mail-shots today, some of them, as a perfect example of how to construct an action-involving piece of writing, like no other.

I have purchased many of these courses over the years, usually cheaper than advertised, once the many subscribers start to flog them elsewhere when they have given up on the information, and I have yet to find one yet, that contained any real gems, and when you factor in that most people, recipients will consider 30 quid neither here nor there, a month, the sales process of such courses is tried and tested to reap rewards for the publishers, but seldom is the information worth £360 a year.

I hope it works for you though, and that you can extract the information you need.

#7 winner999

winner999

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

I received the mailshot today (I'm getting 2-3 Streetwise mailshots a week).  It will go in the recycle bin.  

@RichyJ - I respect your desire to continue with your 29.95 subscription, despite the valid comments from Forum Admin.   Please please do keep us up to date on how you progress with this course.   More importantly, if you do decide to cancel your subs and write-it off as a loss, please also tell us so the message can get through to others who receive this mailshot.

#8 RichyJ

RichyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Postwinner999, on 05 July 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

I received the mailshot today (I'm getting 2-3 Streetwise mailshots a week).  It will go in the recycle bin.  

@RichyJ - I respect your desire to continue with your 29.95 subscription, despite the valid comments from Forum Admin.   Please please do keep us up to date on how you progress with this course.   More importantly, if you do decide to cancel your subs and write-it off as a loss, please also tell us so the message can get through to others who receive this mailshot.

You can rest assured that I certainly will be keeping this forum updated with my progress. Indeed, I am currently eagerly awaiting the second module that should come plopping through my letterbox within the next few days.

Richard

#9 blocat

blocat

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOldham England

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

I remember Stuart Goldsmith very well and I do agree he could make a turd look good enough to eat with a couple of lines of his wonderful wily words. He's probably living in the Bahamas now and still laughing at us! :D
The cat

#10 miketurner

miketurner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Received this mailshot a while ago. Almost certainly sent by Andrew Reynolds.

For a bit of fun count how many times the copywriter uses the word "literally"

As for Stuart Goldsmith, I got the Inner Circle course several years after it had been first published. I think I bought it from someone who had bought resale rights to it.

Totally agree with the person above who said it was very well written and made you eager to read the next module. Sadly it just never really provided what it promised.

Goldsmith is still about. Just check his site out on his name then .com.

As for Reynolds he appears to favour doing his marketing through women now. First Jane Somner started promoting Cash on Demand and now this Ponce lady is the face for his Social Media course.

Good luck with the course if you've signed up but it will probably be a huge disappointment like all the others.

And there is no refund on this course.

#11 RichyJ

RichyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

I've now received Module 2 in the Social Media Profits course, so here is my review.

The second module consists of an 80-page manual plus two 25 min DVDs. The manual is printed just as the 'Cash On Demand' ones were ie only the right hand pages are written on, so the manual really only has 40 pages of information. I'm sure you are all eager to know - does Module 2 give the secrets of the Social Media Profits System? Don't be silly ! Of course it doesn't. We all know that the aim is to pad out the key parts of the system to get as much money from the monthly payments, and the manual plus DVDs do this very well.

The manual starts off with Mili going over the main points of what was in Module 1 ie why the Social Media Profits System is so good and how much money she has made with the system. That takes up the first 11 pages of the manual.

She then introduces us to her business colleague, Paul O'Mahony (I couldn't help but notice that his last name is almost an anagram of 'Ah..Money', but that's just the way I think!).

So does Paul start telling us about the Social Media Profits System? Well, no he doesn't........Bugger me if he doesn't go over his life story in detail telling us how he got involved in making money from social media, how he met Mili and general information about why social media are important. I fully accept that for some people this will be completely new information, but I'm sure it could be presented in far fewer words.

The two DVDs feature Paul exclusively and cover some of the material that is in the manual. Is there anything about getting started with the Social Media Profits System, I hear you asking. Yes, there is - not a lot, but enough to give an idea of where everything is leading.

I shall continue my subscription because I do still think that there will be a complete workable system by the end of this course. Waiting for several months to get the info drip fed is frustrating - I would rather have paid a few hundred pounds for all of the info in one go. However, I do appreciate that many people would be put off by a high (ish) price tag.

I look forward to receiving & reviewing Module 3 in a month's time

Richard

Edited by Setter, 05 November 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#12 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostRichyJ, on 13 July 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

So does Paul start telling us about the Social Media Profits System? Well, no he doesn't........Bugger me if he doesn't go over his life story in detail telling us how he got involved in making money from social media, how he met Mili and general information about why social media are important. I fully accept that for some people this will be completely new information, but I'm sure it could be presented in far fewer words.

That is what you calling 'padding, and filler' Richy. You know this though, and probably like most people, they put up with some of the nonsense in the hope that the crux of the what you are really paying for is found................ probably in month 12, if you are lucky :)

Seriously though, I hope you find what you are looking for during the course, and your reviews are very much appreciated.

#13 bigtorque

bigtorque

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hi all, new to the Forum and just tagging on here to say I have also bought the Social Media Profit System. I toally agree with Richy J in that it is a bit of a tease and you get the feeling that the system is so simple it could be taught in a couple of hours which is why they're not letting you in on too much just incase you work it out for yourself and stop the subscription.

That said, I'm holding out for the programme being worth it in the end because even if it is childishly simple the point is if you don't know it you don't know it and if it is as effective as they claim then they could easily be charging more, plus, I couldn't afford to stump up £360 in one go and even if I could have I'm not sure if I would have, at least here I have the choice if I see that it's gone nowhere in say four months I can cut my losses and cancel.

So... time will tell I guess.

Stay tuned!

#14 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

What I find slightly odd about this particular product, in the genre of 'social media', which as with most platforms, CAN change overnight, especially where marketing and making profits from a relatively new medium. Therefore, it is highly possible that when you get past the 'filler' months, and into month 12, where hopefully you will recieve this 'amazing and secret' method, the mechanisms of the process could easily have changed, or the social network venues could have changed their rules, and procedures, rendering the 'secrets' void of use.

I actually think, that the reality of the methods could probably be taught to you on half a sheet of A4 paper, and based on this probable fact, stretching it out for 12 months is kind of like an insult to the intelligence, at least to me.

Also, chances are that the techiques being used are common knowledge amongst social network marketers, and the knowledge could be gained for a fraction of the price of this course, if not for free.

#15 Paulie Boy

Paulie Boy

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

All these type of courses are strung along to create as many monthly payments as possible. The sales copy is always great, but unfortunately such course usually end up gathering dust.

#16 blocat

blocat

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOldham England

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

I can see the point of stringing this out for as long as possible for the sellers of the course after all 1000 people sending you £29:95 per month = £359,400 PA not bad for a few ideas and a bit of "sunshine shovelling." You know I think I might write a course! :rolleyes: 'appen

#17 oldmaster

oldmaster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hi, I have just taken delivery of the first module, of Social Media Profits, does anyone else think this might be using affiliate marketing adverts, as you have no  start up costs, no product, no face to face selling, no mailshots in fact nothing except 30-60 minutes a day , 4 days a week, as someone mentioned earlier the course could probably boil down to a very simple formula that could be explained in one page and not 12 plus modules at a cost of £360. I would suspect that a bit of undercover detective work would lead to a simple explaination

#18 RichyJ

RichyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

oldmaster

I doubt that it is 'adverts' in the conventional sense. It is probably technique(s) for building up a steadily increasing number of 'friends', 'followers', 'connections' or whatever term the particular social media service allows. You then write suitable messages to your followers that are mainly informative but also include the odd enthusiastic piece that includes an affiliate link.

I am intrigued to see what technique Mili and Paul have used to become so successful. I've dabbled with social media and have been amazed how many friends, followers, etc it is possible to build up by doing absolutely nothing - I am still getting messages saying that another person is following me on Twitter, even though I haven't tweeted for about a year.

There is no doubt that social media services are here to stay (even if particular ones disappear fairly quickly). As with any 'communications service', (which is all that social media sites essentially are), there will be several ways to make money from such services. I accept that the information in the Social Media Profits System is very probably available somewhere on the web but it is much, much easier to find out how other people have achieved success & then copy them.

Richard

#19 reaper

reaper

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Nobody needs to buy anything at £30 per month to use Social Media to make money.

The lowdown here is available for all :-

1. Open an account on Twitter, link it to Facebook, Wordpress, Youtube, Blogger etc., where you're content relates to what you're selling or
otherwise.

2. Buy and download TweetAdder3, use this to auto build your followers list.

3. When you've at least 1,000 followers (keep building your list) you can then Tweet them with some half decent dialogue and include your shortened* affiliate link, website etc.,  (*use Google url shortener).

Points to note...

a). Start  tweeting as soon as you open a Twitter account with relevant subject matter to what you intend marketing, remember Twitter is for talking to other people and ads are therefore sometimes completely ignored. Your main aim is to create the impression your just a Tweeter.

B). Tweet at least once a day at this stage (i.e., while you build your follower list) with interesting comments (the easiest way to find content for your tweets is to search your keyword of your chosen topic in Google), to obtain some ideas, articles etc., but under NO circumstance copy anything word for word, that's Plagarism and it's illegal !

c). Don't send anymore than 1 business type tweet per day, advert saturation never bodes well with those wanting to mostly talk.

d). Regularly update and add fresh content to your Twitter homepage and those other Social Media sites you have linked to it. ;)

#20 RichyJ

RichyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

reaper

So how much money have you made using your techniques?

Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users