Question about MLM

5 replies to this topic

#1 mikeo1129

mikeo1129

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get a general feel of what the public thinks about MLM businesses.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

#2 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

I don't think the public even know it exists, but people using it? Is that what you mean?

I think the well known companies who use MLM, in my opinion have muddied the waters.

Here is an interesting page for you to read:

http://www.makemoney...t-work-or-scam/

#3 mikeo1129

mikeo1129

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostForum Admin, on 04 June 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

I don't think the public even know it exists, but people using it? Is that what you mean?

I think the well known companies who use MLM, in my opinion have muddied the waters.

Here is an interesting page for you to read:

http://www.makemoney...t-work-or-scam/

Thank you for the info

#4 peteranselmo515

peteranselmo515

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

What is the meaning of MLM if you don't mind? I am just curious about it. Thanks.

#5 snuffledog

snuffledog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

MLM is short for multi level marketing and many people think it is the same as pyramid selling which is illegal in this country. The principles of MLM are sound but I am afraid my experience is that it just does not work, in Britain at least. I investigated this some years ago and found a number of operators promoting some really high quality products which did what they claimed but it seems to have mostly died out here as people are suspicious of the method
The principle is that you have a product or range of products which you offer to friends, family, colleagues etc and they can either choose to purchase or to become a retailer like yourself. The difference between MLM and pyramids is that in MLM everyone buys product from the manufacturer at the same price whereas in a pyramid each person would buy from the person above them meaning people were encouraged to buy stock they didn't want or need. In an MLM organisation you simply buy from the company and the person who introduced you is paid a commission and the person above them likewise. The important thing is that everyone buys the product at the same price directly from the supplier or manufacturer.
I believe it to be a very sound principle based upon someone selling a product they believe in whilst being encouraged to introduce others to the method and thus gaining an increased income. of course the market can become saturated but there is always another product that you could introduce.
On the one hand I recommend it as a principle but on the other hand my experience is that people are sceptical of buying from friends rate than shops and the association with pyramids still exists.

#6 snuffledog

snuffledog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

vladf22 - I do not see how your link to cashcrate is particularly relevant to this discussion. Can you clarify please?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users