2 replies to this topic

#1 singlemom

singlemom

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Has anybody on here used Madbid.com? I cannot quite get my head around whether it is a scam or not? Surely they cannot be letting £12,000 cars go for £260 like they are saying in the finished bidding section. I smell a rat, or maybe I am just be overly cautious?

When I looked into it, you have to buy packs for bidding, so you spend money on bids even if you don't win? I just don't get it, why would you spend money if you have no chance of winning? If I bid on ebay and don't win, then I don't pay, but on Madbid.com it seems I pay even if I do not win the bid?

What do you think?

#2 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

I honestly would not waste your money, Singlemom.

It is no different to those sky channels where you pay £1.50 to phone in to bid, to end up losing. There is no transparency, and you are never really totally sure what is going on behind the scenes on websites like that.

Sure, some of the items will be won, to comply with the FTC, and Trading Standards in the UK, but other than that I have suspicions that not everything is as it seems.

As you rightly say, if you bid and lose on eBay, then you do not pay, which is right, but paying for the 'right' just to make a bid? No thank you.

#3 MarkLu

MarkLu

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

I had to laugh when I read this thread, as my wife was contemplating using madbid, and was just about to buy a bidding pack before I explained how the site about as much use as throwing your money down the drain. Save your cash, and dont fall into the trap offered by these type of sites. Everything that shines is not gold.

Madbid.com certainly aint golden.................................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users