10 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

An autoblog is a normal blog that automatically post new content on the website.
The content is not written by a visitor or member, it's pulled from another website by a small plugin and posted on the autoblog.

Some autoblogs rewrite the content, to make it look unique.
This way the blog get new articles without any work from the owner.

You have to be careful when making autoblogs though, Google don't like autoblogs and will try to punish them.
What you need to do is it stay under the radar, make the blog look like a normal blog, this count both content and frequency of new posts.
Also, make sure not to use the same template on all blogs and do not use Google Analytics or any other google code.

#2 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

Yea autoblogs are very tricky indeed. It's worth it to pay the money though and get a good plugin to help out your blog. The free ones aren't that great. Then it's all about finding a good site to pull from.

#3 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

View PostJason, on 14 December 2010 - 07:25 PM, said:

Yea autoblogs are very tricky indeed. It's worth it to pay the money though and get a good plugin to help out your blog. The free ones aren't that great. Then it's all about finding a good site to pull from.

That is true, just try to find a website that is being updated with great content regularly, which is not popular.
That way you get some new fresh content, which is not 1000 other places on the internet.

Regarding plugins, I have been using both WProbot (not free) and Postwriter (free), both works great.
WProbot got a huge amount of extra features, Postwriter is more basic.

#4 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Yea I haven't tried Postwriter yet. I'll have to look into it. I always just did WP-O-Matic. But I hated that one. It was too basic.

#5 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:03 AM

I have heard nothing good about the autoblog plugin WP-O-Matic? What exactly is wrong with it? I don't think I'll be using it.

#6 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

View Postsamiam, on 15 December 2010 - 03:03 AM, said:

I have heard nothing good about the autoblog plugin WP-O-Matic? What exactly is wrong with it? I don't think I'll be using it.

I don't think there is anything bad about it, just people prefering to use WProbot more i guess.

#7 Graham Mortimer

Graham Mortimer

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPhnom Penh, Cambodia

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

I know Google will penalize it and it's a shame Google has the final answer. Some autoblogs can actually be quite good, pulling in all sorts of useful information into one easy place to read. I guess though it's not original content. But like you say you could write a few blogs yourself so it isn't all automatic content that would help keep you in line with Google's latest likes and dislikes.

#8 nir2356

nir2356

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

Yea I haven't tried Postwriter yet. I'll have to look into it. I always just did WP-O-Matic. But I hated that one. It was too basic.

#9 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

Well, I moved away from autoblogs completely.
I work on micro niche websites now, small 4-5 page websites based on a long tail keyword.

Example:
I created a small website based on a special clothing brand and model (a brand sold and produced by a specific store, US).
Earning ~$200 every month from it for more than 1½ year so far - took me a day to create :D

#10 Fang

Fang

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

Never heard of auto-blogs before but now I'll definitely check it out!
@Kenneth - Wow nice gonna research micro niche sites now too  :lol:

Edited by Fang, 31 August 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#11 dorjay77

dorjay77

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

I don't know about auto blog but now i got good information from here about it so thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users