Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

HI GUYS Posted Image

I thought you may find this interesting...

While print book sales continue to decline, eBook sales are up 192.9% this year to date,according to figures gathered from 14 publishers by the Association of American Publishers (AAP).

eBooks now make up 9% of all trade sales in the U.S.; last year, they made up a mere 3.3%.

eBook sales have reined in $263 million thus far in 2010, and $39 million in August alone -- a 172.4% increase over last year's sales numbers.

Meanwhile, sales of paperback and hardcover books continue to decline across the board.

This is of course great news for anyone interested in a web business.

Thanks to current social trends such as iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, Nook, and Kindle, ebooks are now getting more and more popular again.

Although some will of course always prefer a tangible item - there is no disputing the fact that many do not want to waste time either driving to a book store or waiting for it to be sent in the mail - when they can download the ebook cheaper than at the store instantly without even leaving home.

Interesting times don't you think...Posted Image

As always, if there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to give me a shout!

Sincerely,

Daniel (cini)

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

Amazon is actually selling more eBooks than Hardcopy now, they said so before christmas ... I don't know how popular eBooks is in US, but no one uses them where I live.
So those stats does not count everywhere I guess :P

#3 Guest_MisterPhilip_*

Guest_MisterPhilip_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:44 AM

View PostKenneth, on 19 January 2011 - 08:17 PM, said:

Amazon is actually selling more eBooks than Hardcopy now, they said so before christmas ... I don't know how popular eBooks is in US, but no one uses them where I live.
So those stats does not count everywhere I guess :P

The Kindle/iPad/Nook have all really taken off here in the US. It's become pretty trendy to have one.

#4 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:11 AM

View PostMisterPhilip, on 20 January 2011 - 02:44 AM, said:

The Kindle/iPad/Nook have all really taken off here in the US. It's become pretty trendy to have one.

Yea most of the people I know who read books have invested in an e-reader of some sort. Just seems easier.

#5 ManiaC

ManiaC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:17 AM

It really helps when you can not waste trees and read books at the same time. I am excited to see it in the school systems.

#6 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

View PostMisterPhilip, on 20 January 2011 - 02:44 AM, said:

I bought a Kindle about a year ago, used it a bit in the start but not anymore.

#7 Cini

Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

Hey guys!  
Posted Image
Can you guys see the implications that such trends have for internet marketers who want to make money online!Posted Image

The DEMAND is most certainly there,  it's down for us to simply stand in front of the trend and supply!

Exciting times we are in! The words "Carpe Diem" have never been so relevent to THIS era of internet marketing

I think one of my next posts will be covering e-book sourcing and simple yet effective techniques of e book creation and marketing.

I'll give you a smaaaaallll  clue ....have you ever heard of Public Domain? Or Private Label Rights?? Posted Image Gold mines just waiting to be

used! Exciting stuff Posted Image

Kind Regards,

Daniel (cini)

Ps - as always, if there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!  

#8 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

View PostCini, on 20 January 2011 - 08:50 AM, said:

Hey guys!  
Posted Image
Can you guys see the implications that such trends have for internet marketers who want to make money online!Posted Image

The DEMAND is most certainly there,  it's down for us to simply stand in front of the trend and supply!

Exciting times we are in! The words "Carpe Diem" have never been so relevent to THIS era of internet marketing

I think one of my next posts will be covering e-book sourcing and simple yet effective techniques of e book creation and marketing.

I'll give you a smaaaaallll  clue ....have you ever heard of Public Domain? Or Private Label Rights?? Posted Image Gold mines just waiting to be

used! Exciting stuff Posted Image

Kind Regards,

Daniel (cini)

Ps - as always, if there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!  

Looking forward for your next post :)

#9 jakesmithy44

jakesmithy44

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

nice, i was thinking ebook sales are down, i am in the dropshipping ecommerce niche and making quite a lot of money there and i am so happy to hear this coz i wanted to make a digital section on my store, and now with this news, i probably will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users