How do you advertise your new website?

#2 sebas

sebas

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

Well I like to find forums that are near the same niche as my website, then become an established member of that community with a link in my signature.

#3 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

Well I have found that social media is a great way to advertise. That and going around on huge forums always helps too. Along with good seo.

#4 Ashia01

Ashia01

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

Here are some effective ways on how to advertise website and promote in search engine:

Link building
Email marketing
Social media optimization
Article writing
Directory submission
Press release

#5 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

I advertise my website by finding people that are interested in it. I don't always wait for search engines to come find me. You have to be proactive and find the traffic!

#6 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:55 AM

View Postsamiam, on 24 January 2011 - 06:07 AM, said:

I advertise my website by finding people that are interested in it. I don't always wait for search engines to come find me. You have to be proactive and find the traffic!

Ye, and the more you spread the word, the more backlinks you will get - and that also mean more search engine traffic ;)

#7 sebas

sebas

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

View Postsamiam, on 24 January 2011 - 06:07 AM, said:

I completely agree with your statement. Too many people sit there and wait for Google to update to get their traffic.

#8 AnalizaT

AnalizaT

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

You can advertise your website with the help of some social networking site like Facebook and Twitter, you can do either Twitter and Facebook advertising, for sure you can get successful with it because these sites are also good source of traffic.

#9 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

View PostAnalizaT, on 16 February 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

You can advertise your website with the help of some social networking site like Facebook and Twitter, you can do either Twitter and Facebook advertising, for sure you can get successful with it because these sites are also good source of traffic.

By facebook you mean fan pages?

#10 ishuvonet

ishuvonet

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

There are number of ways to advertise your new site.The effective ways are press release and classified websites specially for a new website and these two techniques help you to get quick index by google.However you may advertise your site free by using other off site SEO job.

#11 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

Writing articles and link to your website in the end is quite effective as well, both for driving traffic from the article itself, but also SEO wise.

#12 Selijames

Selijames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

Hi,

There are many techniques and tools for the advertising purpose and promotional activities for the and for this you can do on page as well as off page SEO. your website should have Unique content with relevant keywords which will attract the customers.

#13 dorjay77

dorjay77

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

Social media is good way for advertisement.b'coz mostly people use it and can see your advertisement.

Edited by dorjay77, 01 October 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#14 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

I really don't advertise them.  I do write a blog now and again but not steadily. One site is being redone so I don't want to advertise it until it's done - when I do I'll just write some more blog entries and ping them.  The other one just automatically attracts the market. It's a huge site, too though.

I do advertise product pages - sig files, pings, tweets, etc.  Right now everything gets ignored because I am working on some pretty intense projects at the moment. Later I'll start working the new ones.  That might involve some strategically placed paid advertising.

#15 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

For me advertising a website online divided into two part:

- SEO: You need to work on getting your website to first page on Google using social bookmarking, directory submission, article writing, ...

- Advertising: Paid and unpaid:

Many websites give you free advertising coupon or package to advertise ( $20 - $100). There is no good reason not to use them :)

Paid: I pay for PPC and buy advertising spots ( advertising in related websites ). My advice is to keep specific budget for monthly advertising (some website cost $20 or $30 per month) and display your ad for 30 days, which is pretty good deal for active sites.

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#16 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

Organically.  I write, do some social sites.  I know people all over the world in my niche so talk behind the scenes with them.  My second niche I just link around and on sig files in forums.  I ping all of my pages periodically, too.  Frankly, what I do doesn't take major amounts of pure advertising.  I tried PPC once and found it very ineffective.  Might try adwords for my next product.

#17 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

Try to promote our website without costing money such as by using social networking and forum. If it works well, then try using search engine.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy
http://stay-at-home-daddy.com/

#18 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

method of advertising depends on the our budget.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy

#19 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

I use search engine at the moment.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy

#20 WayneLifestyle

WayneLifestyle

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

View Postazman1076, on 11 February 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

Try to promote our website without costing money such as by using social networking and forum. If it works well, then try using search engine.

Yes, its a nice suggestion.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users