#1 Cini

Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

When building an online business - a lot of people make the mistake of finding (what they believe to be) a popular product first. And then trying to find a market for it.

This process should be reversed - find a MARKET first - that spends money - and THEN introduce related products.

Now we are here in 2011 - here are 10 markets to watch this year.

Ten markets that are thriving - even in this crazy economy.

Is there something here that lights a fire under you?

• Baby Boomers.
    Pretty much EVERY business associated with aging - is booming. You name it - catered tea parties - computer assistance - senior dating sites. Businesses aimed at retiring boomers is, well, booming.

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics - the aging services industry (as it is known) - makes up three of the top 10 fastest growing employment growth.

Do you have a skill that may be of interest to Boomers? Could you create a simple service - product - that boomers would be interested in?

In 20 years - seniors will comprise 20% of the US population. Many entrepreneurs are currently creating 'silver' services as they are aware of this. Could you?

• Going Green.

Posted ImageClean and green - is the new kid on the block right now. The stimulus plan (in the US) poured billions into renewable energy.For the first time EVER - Venture Capitalists (these are guys that invest and fund projects) invested MORE into Green Industries - than they did in the last ten year favorite - web and tech products.

If the money being thrown around is any indication - this is just the tip of the (melting) iceberg (!)

• The Recession.
    Who would have thought - the recession - is big business.

Here's an AMAZING statistic. In 2009 - almost 10% of those that gained employmentduring the Recession - did it by starting their OWN business (Note from Chris -- I can personally vouch for this as well - I launched this site on March 28 2009).

In 2008 - this figure was 2.7%

Sunwest Bank - a bank that caters to entrepreneurs - upped it's assets by $150 million in 2009.

Half of TODAY'S Fortune 500 companies - were started in a recession. Ten years from now - there will be a slew of companies that we will point to and say they were started in the 2009 recession.

A ton of people want to know about how to start a business - working from home - affordable tax planning etc etc. Virtual Assistants is a rapidly growing industry too.

Is this working-from-home market something you could tap into? Do you have skills in this area you could create your own product about?

It's a booming market - and will only increase in 2011 as more want to work for themselves.

• Trading Down.
    Did you know - we spend on average $57 a day (taking into account everything - bills - mortgage - food etc etc).

This is down 30% from this time last year.

30% !! Wall-Mart  had an increase of 5% in 2010. Neiman-Marcus  have losses of 14.8%

Posted ImageResale shops are booming. So are exchange shops.

Now is not the time to start a luxury dog wash service -- but identifying an opportunity in the 'trading down' market could be very lucrative.

• Life Support.
    Despite trading down -- more people than ever are paying professionals to do domestic chores.

Taking care of the kids - checking in on mom - coaching the Sunday football league - cleaning the house. This is something of a surprise considering the recession - but the figures are there.

Revenue for driving schools in up 4% - so is sports coaching.

How about a tutoring business? Could you tap into the demand of this in your local area?

• Education.
    Here's something I never thought I'd say -- I miss school!

And it seems I am not the only one. Whereas when I was 17 I could not wait to leave school and get into the world -- now I can't stop studying and educating myself with new skills.

And it would appear - I am by no means alone.

Huge numbers of people are training themselves in new skills.

The statistics say it's more than likely the job you are doing now you will not be doing in 5 years. Think about that for a second...

A job for life? That doesn't exist anymore.

More people than ever are doing complete U-turns - and trying a completely brand new occupation/business.

Computer classes are up 95%! 95%!!!

Whereas Internet Marketing has yet to really take off big time in colleges and schools - mark my words - IT WILL!!
    Posted ImageCould you learn a few skills (as you are doing) and get proficient enough to teach them?

You only need to get good at ONE thing - and do it well.

An example for you - how about Keywords? Study them - master them - understand them - and you have a skill that people will pay you good money to know.

• Health and Wellness.
    Are you in the losing weight market? Did you know in January Weight Watchers have a 99% jump in hits on their website. January is the time to market your weight website.

And what do you think the No 1 growing industry in the US was - from 2004 to 2009?

The web?

Nope.

Green issues?

Guess again.

Ready for the answer...

....Home care. This means that the Preventive Care market is HUGE. Are you interested in this area - health - alternative therapies - healing - reiki?

• Booze.
    We're still drinking like fish - only now we are doing it at home with cheaper booze. The alcoholic beverage industry has been growing steadily for the past three years.

Make you own booze? Home brewing kits? It's a booming market ladies and gentlemen. Hic.

• Local, Local, Local.
    Demand is exploding for locally grown and made products.

Here's something we didn't think we'd see - but mom and pop stores are enjoying a revival. Farmers Markets are HUGE (at least they do in the US). Over 5000 take place every weekend.

Nearly 60% of supermarket shoppers - say they also use Farmers Markets. We are all becoming socially conscious.

• PETS.
    Nobel Laureate Albert Schweitzer once said - 'There are two means of refuge from the misery of life: music and cats'.

Maybe he was onto something.

The recession may have demolished the manufacturing and financial services - but the pet industry?

Totally fine!

Posted Image

So - there you go.

Is your mind swimming with ideas?

Or at least - a bit of food for thought?

The reason I wanted to compile this for you -- is because as a business or future business owner - it is important you get used to thinking differently - and training yourself to see opportunities.

Once you start doing this - you will never stop.

It's an amazing feeling.

Something with 'click' in your head -- and you will start looking at everything differently.

Problems no longer will exist - they will become opportunities.

Richard Branson famously once spent a morning hitting redial on a phone - to try and get through to a airplane operator - but kept getting the busy tone.

But he didn't get frustrated - he saw an opportunity. And Virgin Atlantic was born.

Ok - so that's an extreme example - but you get my point.

I am already seeing many members slowly but surely building their web business - getting sign ups and making money. Almost every day there is another success story posted on the forum.

Sure it takes work - but anything worth achieving does.

But you are by no means alone!

I and everyone else here - are with you.

So go and grab a coffee - and start thinking about this year.

2011 is going to be a very exciting year - if you choose it to be....

Oh, by the way. If you haven't yet seen my 'A WEB BUSINESS EXPLAINED' free video course....

pm me!!Posted Image

As always, if there is anything I can do to be of help, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Kind Regards,

Daniel (cini)

Edited by Cini, 22 January 2011 - 01:56 AM.

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

Don't forget Global Warming, that topic is quite hot.
It should be able to profit from it as well.

I'm expanding a bit into the "security" niche this year, excited to see how that turns out :)

Great post, thanks a lot.

#3 Cini

Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:14 AM

GREAT IDEA Kenneth!! Posted Image

View PostKenneth, on 22 January 2011 - 01:58 AM, said:

Don't forget Global Warming, that topic is quite hot.
It should be able to profit from it as well.

I'm expanding a bit into the "security" niche this year, excited to see how that turns out :)

Great post, thanks a lot.

#4 sebas

sebas

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:12 AM

Excellent post. How long did it take you to write that? lol. I am trying to broaden my horizons as well, see what I can get into.

#5 MilkDud

MilkDud

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

These are all great ideas. I really appreciate the time you took to write this Cini. It was a great read.

#6 Ashia01

Ashia01

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

Blogging and affiliate marketing are the most common way to make money using web, to start from them you should able to create your own blog or website and promote it in search engine using online advertising.

#7 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:50 AM

Great guide mate! There are plenty of ways to make money on the internet, people are just lazy. They need to explore new options and get ahead of the curve.

#8 makemoney

makemoney

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

I have started using pay to click websites, i dont believe them but we will see,need 1 more dollar to make so i can cashout , there is a forum with a lot of people who got the money but still i dont now it could be a fraud.

#9 SJA87

SJA87

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:38 PM

very useful thanks :)

#10 mark

mark

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

I agree with you

#11 AnalizaT

AnalizaT

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:46 AM

You can also make money with the help of affiliate marketing. You can start creating your affiliate site and do some affiliate product promotion, then after you earn lots of money. It is your time to start your own affiliate business.

#12 eerrceer162

eerrceer162

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for this good info

#13 ishuvonet

ishuvonet

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

Well I like the ways to make money you have mentioned above.But in this year my main challenge is to make more money from my affiliate marketing efforts and outsource my skills in different freelancing sites.

#14 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

View Postishuvonet, on 01 April 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

Well I like the ways to make money you have mentioned above.But in this year my main challenge is to make more money from my affiliate marketing efforts and outsource my skills in different freelancing sites.

Good luck, let us know how it goes :)

#15 Superkiddo

Superkiddo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

View PostCini, on 22 January 2011 - 01:52 AM, said:

When building an online business - a lot of people make the mistake of finding (what they believe to be) a popular product first. And then trying to find a market for it.

This process should be reversed - find a MARKET first - that spends money - and THEN introduce related products.

Now we are here in 2011 - here are 10 markets to watch this year.

Ten markets that are thriving - even in this crazy economy.

Is there something here that lights a fire under you?

• Baby Boomers.
    Pretty much EVERY business associated with aging - is booming. You name it - catered tea parties - computer assistance - senior dating sites. Businesses aimed at retiring boomers is, well, booming.

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics - the aging services industry (as it is known) - makes up three of the top 10 fastest growing employment growth.

Do you have a skill that may be of interest to Boomers? Could you create a simple service - product - that boomers would be interested in?

In 20 years - seniors will comprise 20% of the US population. Many entrepreneurs are currently creating 'silver' services as they are aware of this. Could you?

• Going Green.

Posted ImageClean and green - is the new kid on the block right now. The stimulus plan (in the US) poured billions into renewable energy.For the first time EVER - Venture Capitalists (these are guys that invest and fund projects) invested MORE into Green Industries - than they did in the last ten year favorite - web and tech products.

If the money being thrown around is any indication - this is just the tip of the (melting) iceberg (!)

• The Recession.
    Who would have thought - the recession - is big business.

Here's an AMAZING statistic. In 2009 - almost 10% of those that gained employmentduring the Recession - did it by starting their OWN business (Note from Chris -- I can personally vouch for this as well - I launched this site on March 28 2009).

In 2008 - this figure was 2.7%

Sunwest Bank - a bank that caters to entrepreneurs - upped it's assets by $150 million in 2009.

Half of TODAY'S Fortune 500 companies - were started in a recession. Ten years from now - there will be a slew of companies that we will point to and say they were started in the 2009 recession.

A ton of people want to know about how to start a business - working from home - affordable tax planning etc etc. Virtual Assistants is a rapidly growing industry too.

Is this working-from-home market something you could tap into? Do you have skills in this area you could create your own product about?

It's a booming market - and will only increase in 2011 as more want to work for themselves.

• Trading Down.
    Did you know - we spend on average $57 a day (taking into account everything - bills - mortgage - food etc etc).

This is down 30% from this time last year.

30% !! Wall-Mart  had an increase of 5% in 2010. Neiman-Marcus  have losses of 14.8%

Posted ImageResale shops are booming. So are exchange shops.

Now is not the time to start a luxury dog wash service -- but identifying an opportunity in the 'trading down' market could be very lucrative.

• Life Support.
    Despite trading down -- more people than ever are paying professionals to do domestic chores.

Taking care of the kids - checking in on mom - coaching the Sunday football league - cleaning the house. This is something of a surprise considering the recession - but the figures are there.

Revenue for driving schools in up 4% - so is sports coaching.

How about a tutoring business? Could you tap into the demand of this in your local area?

• Education.
    Here's something I never thought I'd say -- I miss school!

And it seems I am not the only one. Whereas when I was 17 I could not wait to leave school and get into the world -- now I can't stop studying and educating myself with new skills.

And it would appear - I am by no means alone.

Huge numbers of people are training themselves in new skills.

The statistics say it's more than likely the job you are doing now you will not be doing in 5 years. Think about that for a second...

A job for life? That doesn't exist anymore.

More people than ever are doing complete U-turns - and trying a completely brand new occupation/business.

Computer classes are up 95%! 95%!!!

Whereas Internet Marketing has yet to really take off big time in colleges and schools - mark my words - IT WILL!!
    Posted ImageCould you learn a few skills (as you are doing) and get proficient enough to teach them?

You only need to get good at ONE thing - and do it well.

An example for you - how about Keywords? Study them - master them - understand them - and you have a skill that people will pay you good money to know.

• Health and Wellness.
    Are you in the losing weight market? Did you know in January Weight Watchers have a 99% jump in hits on their website. January is the time to market your weight website.

And what do you think the No 1 growing industry in the US was - from 2004 to 2009?

The web?

Nope.

Green issues?

Guess again.

Ready for the answer...

....Home care. This means that the Preventive Care market is HUGE. Are you interested in this area - health - alternative therapies - healing - reiki?

• Booze.
    We're still drinking like fish - only now we are doing it at home with cheaper booze. The alcoholic beverage industry has been growing steadily for the past three years.

Make you own booze? Home brewing kits? It's a booming market ladies and gentlemen. Hic.

• Local, Local, Local.
    Demand is exploding for locally grown and made products.

Here's something we didn't think we'd see - but mom and pop stores are enjoying a revival. Farmers Markets are HUGE (at least they do in the US). Over 5000 take place every weekend.

Nearly 60% of supermarket shoppers - say they also use Farmers Markets. We are all becoming socially conscious.

• PETS.
    Nobel Laureate Albert Schweitzer once said - 'There are two means of refuge from the misery of life: music and cats'.

Maybe he was onto something.

The recession may have demolished the manufacturing and financial services - but the pet industry?

Totally fine!

Posted Image

So - there you go.

Is your mind swimming with ideas?

Or at least - a bit of food for thought?

The reason I wanted to compile this for you -- is because as a business or future business owner - it is important you get used to thinking differently - and training yourself to see opportunities.

Once you start doing this - you will never stop.

It's an amazing feeling.

Something with 'click' in your head -- and you will start looking at everything differently.

Problems no longer will exist - they will become opportunities.

Richard Branson famously once spent a morning hitting redial on a phone - to try and get through to a airplane operator - but kept getting the busy tone.

But he didn't get frustrated - he saw an opportunity. And Virgin Atlantic was born.

Ok - so that's an extreme example - but you get my point.

I am already seeing many members slowly but surely building their web business - getting sign ups and making money. Almost every day there is another success story posted on the forum.

Sure it takes work - but anything worth achieving does.

But you are by no means alone!

I and everyone else here - are with you.

So go and grab a coffee - and start thinking about this year.

2011 is going to be a very exciting year - if you choose it to be....

Oh, by the way. If you haven't yet seen my 'A WEB BUSINESS EXPLAINED' free video course....

pm me!!Posted Image

As always, if there is anything I can do to be of help, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Kind Regards,

Daniel (cini)
Great information. I will try it out.

#16 B3stdeaL61

B3stdeaL61

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

nice share bro...

keep it up

Thank's

#17 B3stdeaL61

B3stdeaL61

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

nice share..

keep it Up bro

Thank's

#18 Affordable Web Design

Affordable Web Design

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:26 AM

Great idea... I hope I can do this also.

#19 selenagomez

selenagomez

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

Do you know how to make Money online. I google a lot to find it. I got so many resources, little bit Confused about that all. It’s really hectic.

last night just checking my tweets i got a Short URL website ity.im and I started using the short url service to shorten my links. Get a small URL and get paid.

#20 ez-money

ez-money

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

View PostCini, on 22 January 2011 - 02:14 AM, said:

GREAT IDEA Kenneth!! Posted Image
Agreed :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users