#1 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

Source: http://googleblog.bl...ngine-spam.html

I will try to address some of the most important parts of the post.

We recently launched a redesigned document-level classifier that makes it harder for spammy on-page content to rank highly. The new classifier is better at detecting spam on individual web pages, e.g., repeated spammy words—the sort of phrases you tend to see in junky, automated, self-promoting blog comments.

It seems they are on the steps to add a change to their algorithm, that will filter pages with content that looks like spam or auto generated content.

And we’re evaluating multiple changes that should help drive spam levels even lower, including one change that primarily affects sites that copy others’ content and sites with low levels of original content.

What does that mean? Nothing, unless our running autoblogs which pulls content from other websites - in that case your might get into trouble, only time can tell.
It might be a good idea to turn your most successful autoblogs OFF autoblogging, put them instead into "draft mode" and rewrite the articles your pulling from other websites, make them your own content - use the articles you find most valuable. You can even pay someone to do this job for you, it all depends how much you earn on the blog.

One misconception that we’ve seen in the last few weeks is the idea that Google doesn’t take as strong action on spammy content in our index if those sites are serving Google ads. To be crystal clear:

• Google absolutely takes action on sites that violate our quality guidelines regardless of whether they have ads powered by Google;
  • Displaying Google ads does not help a site’s rankings in Google; and
  • Buying Google ads does not increase a site’s rankings in Google’s search results.

Just a bit of information for those that don't know :)

#2 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

Yea I knew it was going to be coming eventually, luckily none of my content is automated. So I am in the clear.

#3 ManiaC

ManiaC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:47 AM

Well that sucks. But I figured they would catch on to us! Well I will just have to start writing my own content eventually, or pay others to do it! lol

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

It does not matter that much to me, I'm currently developing my own services :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users