Make Money Forum Announcements

HELLO
* - - - - 3 votes

Help-link.co.uk Reviews. Boilers by Help Link is a scam?

help link complaints help link contact number help link address help link phone number

1 reply to this topic

#1 malesik

malesik

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

We are in need of boiler at home at the mo, and watched the advert by help-link.co.uk last night during the ads offering a boilers for £17 a month. Seems a bit far fetched to me, what do you guys think on here? should I make an appointment?

It would probably be best to do it now before the winter sets in. It is definitely on the blink, the boiler, not totally gone, but it would be real mare if it went during the winter months. I don't really want to get british gas involved as I hear their prices can be quite high.

Thank in you :)

(tags edited by admin)

#2 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

£17 a month?

I would be cautious with this, as it sounds like an up-sell sales operation.

By that, I mean, they may advertise it as £17 a month just to make the appointment, and then once in your home they start charging for extras that you WILL need, like thermostats, additional radiators, piping, etc. etc.

If you think about it £17 a month is £204 a year, so how many months will you be paying for it, and it will also probably be a finance deal with a hefty % on top to pay?

Actually, I have just done a quick check, and the company behind help-link.co.uk have some judgments against them by the Advertising Standards Authority, for wrongful advertising, so it looks like my first concerns were right.

Another quick check online found many other reviews from people saying the same, and about how the price came to MUCH higher than £17 a month.

Why not just phone around some local central heating traders and get some prices, that is what I would do, and then you will know for sure what the pricing will be, or ask some family and friends if they can recommend any plumbers for you. Just make sure they are gas safe compliant and ask for their gas safe cards.

Be careful with this help-link company, and check all the details you can before having them in your home, as it could be a high pressure salesman turning up, and judging by reviews, the pricing is far higher than first advertised.

You might want to read this ripoff report, too:

http://www.ripoffrep...cam-o-58776.htm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users