11 replies to this topic

#1 .Anti.

.Anti.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

Everyone is suggesting that I accept Alert Pay as one of my payment methods, but Alert Pay charges me to withdraw to my bank account. Not sure if it would be worth it. What should I do?

#2 MilkDud

MilkDud

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:53 AM

If I were you I would just stick to the payment methods that don't charge. I mean how hard is it to get a Paypal account really? lol.

#3 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:07 AM

90% uses PayPal, it's easy and cheap.

However, some websites have problems with PayPal, they are normally websites/businesses that is built around an email list (or something similar) - They will get a lot of orders within a very short amount of time. Some of these sites even warn PayPal about a spike in orders, BEFORE they send the email to their email list, but still they get shutdown.

These websites normally use other services like 2co.com, AlertPay etc.
2co is probably the most known/popular, after PayPal.

#4 StephenM

StephenM

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

I mean how hard is it to get a Paypal account really? lol.

Paypal is only available in certain countries and for some people it is not an option at all. And like Kenneth said, PayPal can shut you down without any warning.

One of my sites was suspended by PayPal because of a bogus trademark claim from a competitor. It's no fun having your income suddenly cut off!

It really pays to have more than one alternative for all your online pursuits, especially the one that handles your money.

Steve

#5 MilkDud

MilkDud

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

Those are some great points Steve, it makes more sense to have multiple payment gateways to reach more customers.

#6 sebas

sebas

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

I have found that people who get banned/suspended from Paypal can't really be trusted. If you have Paypal set up right spikes shouldn't get you suspended.

#7 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

View Postsebas, on 27 January 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

... If you have Paypal set up right spikes shouldn't get you suspended.

Trust me, it WILL.

What do you mean by "setup right"? there is only one way to setup your PayPal account.
Most is using a Business account.

They make a call (by phone) to PayPal to warn them about a spike in income, before they are mailing their email list and yet they get accounts closed.
We are not talking about illegal activities or anything.

They are closing the accounts because of too much money flowing in within a very short period of time (less then 24 hours). We are talking about $xx.xxx amounts. This is what happens when you mail a big list about a new product.

View Postsebas, on 27 January 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

I have found that people who get banned/suspended from Paypal can't really be trusted.

Your very wrong in this statement.

#8 sebas

sebas

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

If you are making xx,xxx$ amounts, You should probably be doing your own payment processing. If I were making that much I wouldn't use Paypal. I would use debit/credit transactions. In my experience, I have found a lot of people who got banned for reasons other than making too much money on email lists.

#9 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:08 AM

View Postsebas, on 27 January 2011 - 07:06 AM, said:

If you are making xx,xxx$ amounts, You should probably be doing your own payment processing. If I were making that much I wouldn't use Paypal. I would use debit/credit transactions. In my experience, I have found a lot of people who got banned for reasons other than making too much money on email lists.

And that require programming skills, most people in IM does not have that, they are all about sales and promoting stuff.
Also, by rejecting PayPal you automatic reject orders, since some people only want to use that.

#10 sebas

sebas

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

Yea although there are plenty of premade scripts for this, I do agree that Alert Pay is a good alternative to Paypal. It is good to have both.

#11 enzovz

enzovz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

I always use Alertpay when possible. It's my favorite payment processor. Somehow I don't trust PayPal anymore.

#12 lastbutnotleast

lastbutnotleast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:12 AM

I have never had a reason to distrust either of them. I just always used paypal because they don't charge for transfers to my bank account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users