8 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

Some webmasters completely ignore backlinks on websites with nofollow links, others don't care.
What is most correct? Should you only use follow links and completely ignore nofollow?

The short answer is NO. The nofollow tag/attribute is developed by Google and it's currently the only major search engine using it (Yahoo and Bing ignores it, or that's what they say anyway). But even Google follow the nofollow links.

By ignoring nofollow links you make the SEO on your website looks unnatural and it might get punished for that, who knows.
I include all type of links when building backlinks, well - I simply doesn't care what type of links they are.

Whats your view on this?

#2 ManiaC

ManiaC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:49 AM

I tend to be not very picky when it comes to links. I would take a good quality nofollow backlink over a crappy follow backlink.

#3 .Anti.

.Anti.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:39 AM

I don't put links on pages that are nofollow. Unless I do it by accident. Dofollow is the way to go for me. That is all I am interested in.

#4 lindamartin88

lindamartin88

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

While most people do not recommend no-follow links, i use them with the idea that they will help redirect people thus giving quality visitors. A bad do-follow link is worse than a good no-follow link.

#5 dorjay77

dorjay77

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:16 AM

Google is not like the no-follow links and people doesn't build these links but its good for the traffic.so nothing is useless.

#6 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

I bet even no-follow links have a value, no one knows for sure.

#7 Ayen Mahinay

Ayen Mahinay

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

Google's have lot number of traffic and dofollow links very helpful to get organic traffic. if you receive only on referral traffic and have no another source google will punished your therefore direct traffic is very well to site and nofollow links very helpful
The Game is Over

#8 WayneLifestyle

WayneLifestyle

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Dofollow and Nofollow, both type of links are essential for backlinking. So, i am agree with Kenneth.

#9 JennyWren

JennyWren

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I agree with Kenneth too - ignore the do-follow/no-follow backlinks argument and build your strategy for humans...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users