#1 blocat

blocat

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOldham England

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

I have recently had a direct mail shot from a gentleman whe rejoices in the name of Mathew Miles. Sounds made up to me and I and find no trace of him  on Google. He runs a betting service called Equestrian Risk Management Syndicate. Again I've never heard of it but Google provided a history going back a couple of years. Now,  he is offering a months free trial of his betting service on signing of a delayed action (30days) standing order. Looks bullet proof but some mixed reviews are knocking about. Has anyone any info plus or minus to offer please?

#2 RichyJ

RichyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

I've never heard of the service, but if it really is a delayed Standing Order (NOT a direct debit), then you will certainly be easily able to cancel the Standing Order before the 30 day trial period is up. My bankers let me do this easily with their online banking service.

I'm not too surprised that you've come across mixed reviews - anyone who has poor results from the start of their subscription will of course post a negative review. But those people who have good results over just a short time period (1-2 weeks) will post a positive review but wil not update it if after a longer time period they end up losing money.

You should also check whether the service has its selections proofed to an independent service such as Racing Index. If not, then be very wary of past results - it is very easy to back-fit results to make a service look good.

Richard

#3 blocat

blocat

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOldham England

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Thank you Richard. Wise words indeed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users