#1 Cini

Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:49 AM

Here's A Powerful Tactic For High Impact Online Marketing!

EVERY contact - you have with ANYONE - is important!

Repeat that after me...

EVERY contact - you have with ANYONE - is important!

A lot of newcomers to this business forget this -- they are too busy trying to make a sale.

Any successful business - is based on relationships.

This has never been truer for a web based business.

That means that every email you reply to - every autoresponder message you send - every article you write - every forum thread you post - every Facebook comment you make...is important.

Every contact - you have with anyone - is important.

Now - you can easily spend money on a classified ad -- or Pay Per Click -- or some other method to drive traffic to your site...

...but a technique a thousand times more powerful than this --
is the personal contact you have with individuals.

When I began my web business -- I made a pledge to myself to reply personally to every email I received.

I strongly believe that this was a major contributing factor
that allowed me to start earning $250/day (not every day but certainly a lot) -- 6 months after I started.

I also remember clearly when I would email other marketers. 9 times out of 10, if not 99 times out of 100, I would not get a reply.

Occasionally however -- I would. And even today -- it's those rare individuals that replied -- that I have a special affinity and bond to.

And STILL to this day -- it's these marketers that I listen to and open their emails.

As soon as you begin to get emails from visitors to your site -- or from members of your list - most -- if not all -- of these emails will not make you any money. At least not yet.

However -- more importantly than making some money immediately (yes there is something more important if you want longevity in this bizz) is the relationship you are creating -- by replying to these emails.

And those that are very successful in this bizz -- know this.

So stop seeing dollar signs in your eyes. And start to realize that every contact with anyone - is marketing.

People WILL remember a personal reply.

Yes - it will take time.

No - this business is not get rich quick.

But spending a little time nurturing and creating a relationship is time very well spent.

I've said it before but I'll say it again...

...if you are good to your list -- when the time comes - your list will be good to you back.

#2 StephenM

StephenM

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

Cini,

What you say is very true. They should call it "relationship marketing" instead of IM. It's easy to get discouraged when you don't see immediate results but it sure does feel good when that person who 'couldn't use your services' 3 months ago emails you out of the blue with an offer!

..if you are good to your list -- when the time comes - your list will be good to you back.

Steve

#3 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

Great post Cini :)

I completely agree with you, it's very important to keep a good relationship with your members/customers.

Some years ago (6) I started a file hosting site (something like megaupload), it became really big (top 5).
The site had a forum offering support and stuff, we where very active and offered personal support, people where blazed with the amount of time we used there answering questions. People even offered to help me with the support and they became a part of the community, which helps built a "brand" around the site - it's hard to explain.

... It's like, when you go to a store and buy a product and they provide great support. You go home to your friends and show the new product, at some point they will ask where you have bought it and you start to talk about the great support you got. So by offering good support you get more orders (both from returning and new customers), but more importantly, you increase the brand value of your service/website/store. Current customers/members will refer their friends, maybe not today or tomorrow, you might even have to wait months before the orders start to come :) They will remember your store, remember your great support and how good you where to them. Most times it's not about the price/cost, but all about the support!

A couple of the moderators that helped me with the support forums are still my friends, 6 years later. One of them I talk to daily (Philip, member of this forum too) :)

A lot of the users stayed with my site/service because of the support - not because of the design, back-end or features. No, it was all about the support (relationship).
Quite a lot of these people even asked for additional services they would like to use, even paid ones.

So ye, be good to your members/customers and they will be good to you.

#4 MilkDud

MilkDud

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:23 AM

Amazing post. I can't preech this enough. I have made long lasting business relationships with several people who still order from me weekly.

#5 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

Very good read, definitely hitting the "thanks" button for this. Gave me a new perspective on how to build relationships.

#6 lastbutnotleast

lastbutnotleast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

Truer words were never spoken. I find that most of my clients will talk to one another. So if one is unhappy, chances are he will tell others. Then before you know it no one likes your service.

#7 jakesmithy44

jakesmithy44

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

personal connections is the number one thing in life and business for sure!

#8 stoneman

stoneman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:44 AM

I have an off-line business that I've run for the last 21 years. I couldn't agree more that it's relationships that keep a business going. However, I'm having a tough time in the on-line world building relationships. There's so much hype and deception going on that I find people are skeptical of everyone, They don't know who to believe and trust. In the off-line world, you can walk into their office and they see who you are and that you're real and they're willing to trust you. Any ideas how to build that same level of trust on-line?

Free USB Drive with every $25 purchase
Cool Free and Paid eBooks Ready to Download
FreezeBooks.com

#9 ishuvonet

ishuvonet

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Well this will certainly help us to make more money online.Thanks for explaining it in such a nice way.

#10 Selijames

Selijames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for sharing a valuable information with us. I have been looking the web for some initiatives and now came across this post. Its a definitely very useful suggestions. A superb read.

#11 Brian Snipes

Brian Snipes

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationRobinson, TX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Very well said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users