4 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

Amazon has launched it's own email delivery system/backbone.

As an Amazon SES customer, you don't need to build your own email solution from the ground up, or incur the costs of licensing, installing and operating third-party software. Instead, you can start sending messages in minutes using the AWS software development kits for Java and .NET, or code directly to our HTTPS interface using your favorite programming language.

Email messages are charged at $0.10 per thousand.

Amazon SES automatically collects statistics regarding your sending activity:
  • Successful delivery attempts
  • Rejected messages
  • Bounces
  • Complaints

This part is interesting though, maybe a way to try limit spam?

Sending Volume

Every Amazon SES sender has a unique set of sending limits, which are calculated by Amazon SES on an ongoing basis:

• Sending quota – the maximum number of emails you can send in a 24 hour period.
  • Maximum send rate – the maximum number of emails you can send per second.

Once you have been granted production access to Amazon SES, you are immediately able to send up to 1,000 emails per 24-hour period. After you start sending email via Amazon SES, Amazon SES will automatically increase your sending limits as you continue to send greater quantities of high-quality email. You can query your current sending quota at any time by making a call to the GetSendQuota API. If you need to send more volume per day than your current sending quota, please contact Amazon Web Services and we will evaluate your request promptly.

Source: http://aws.amazon.com/ses/
Deliverability: http://aws.amazon.co...#deliverability

It seems Aweber is going to get a lot of competition in the near future.
New autoresponders using Amazon as backbone.

Guess it all depends on the deliverability, have to wait and see how it goes :)

#2 MilkDud

MilkDud

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:20 AM

Yea it should be very interesting how this turns out. I will be following it closely. I will probably stick with my free email lol.

#3 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:23 AM

View PostMilkDud, on 27 January 2011 - 06:20 AM, said:

Yea it should be very interesting how this turns out. I will be following it closely. I will probably stick with my free email lol.

You cant replace this with your personal email, well - that's not what it's supposed to be used for though.

#4 sebas

sebas

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:28 AM

This can be very useful. I had a friend who used to use Aweber, I will have to let him know about this asap. Amazon is making big strides lately it seems.

#5 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

View Postsebas, on 27 January 2011 - 06:28 AM, said:

This can be very useful. I had a friend who used to use Aweber, I will have to let him know about this asap. Amazon is making big strides lately it seems.

He can't use it for anything yet :P
You need to wait for someone to develop a competitive service using AWS SAS as backbone, unless he can do it himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users