10 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:35 AM

Drop shipping has easily become one of the most populated markets around the net. Seems everyone can have an online shop up in minutes. For those of you who don't know, drop shipping is where when a client purchases something, the owner of the shop then purchases it for less and ships it. Then keeps the extra cash. What are your thoughts on this?

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:46 AM

It's a known method, used for ages.
The competition is getting harder though.

Quite a few is using AliExpress, but eBay (and similar) is flooded with those products and the profit margin is low.

Not worth the problems if you ask me, unless you import a niche product and have a market for it.

#3 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:46 AM

Yea definitely. I had pretty much the same opinion about it. There are a lot of people doing it, but not many are doing it successfully.

#4 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

I have never even heard of it until just now. Looks like I am too late anyways from what you guys are saying.

#5 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Dropshipping is a method for someone who wants to do business immediately. Selling in ebay, amazon and etc. In my case I make money in dropshipping. The MOST IMPORTANT part in dropshipping is that you should know your supplier is reliable or not.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy
http://stay-at-home-daddy.com/

#6 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hai Samiam.

It's never too late to start. Take inspiration from KFC founder who become successful at the age over 60 years old.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy

#7 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

Hai Jason,

Maybe not people are doing successfully is because they get wholesale price from the middlemen which they claim themselves as a drop shipper. So the reseller set their retail price higher than it should be. So, I believe ready products such as baby product, electrical appliances and etc are very competitive in pricing. So, reseller can mark up the price only very small. Which means cannot make profit a lot. Why don't you try customized products that is if you are interested. A reseller can mark up the price as high as 50%. I'm not joking here.

Ebay is one of the best place to make a research to make a research on pricing.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy

#8 Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Forum Staff and Research

• Moderators
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Not everybody can go directly to the wholesaler and spend bulk money on wholesale stock, and this is the reason why dropshippers have started to become attractive to new sellers looking to start up online, especially on a shoestring budget. No outlay, and even if the dropshipper adds a reasonable percentage it can still work.

The dropshipper needs to be professional though, and not go crazy with the percentages they are adding to the product ranges. It needs to be a partnership between the reseller, and the dropshipper. That is the only relationship that can work with dropshipping.

There are also many success stories about dropshipping, so it definitely works, when the effort is applied.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#9 Paralin

Paralin

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

I would also like to add up one thing in it that dropshipping is the easiest and nice way to sell and purchse things. (pathetic attempt at dropping a link removed by admin,  posting ability removed, and warning issued) easily by adopting this way of business because it is also not an expensive business to do but risk of shipping is always there.

Edited by Forum Admin, 17 April 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#10 Izzonet

Izzonet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Postazman1076, on 11 February 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

Dropshipping is a method for someone who wants to do business immediately. Selling in ebay, amazon and etc. In my case I make money in dropshipping. The MOST IMPORTANT part in dropshipping is that you should know your supplier is reliable or not.

Hello,
I agree with the things you said about dropshipping.
Also, if you know how to conduct your dropshipping, you will succeed.
moreover it's very important to know your suppliers and choose them correctly.

Good luck to all of us!

#11 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

AliExpress is a great place to start, there are many others, but it depends on your budget and how much can you purchase.

If you believe you can spend a higher amount of money, maybe you can upgrade to AliBaba ( AliExpress parent company ) but be aware they don't talk in few thousands, these are companies that sells in hundreds of thousands, the minimum order you may want to place would be 10K and up.

I suggest to start with AliExpress , build a good relationship with these companies at first.

AliExpress is not the only company there are others like BuySKU, or ahappydeal.com , or bestofferbuy.com, .... there are hundreds of wholesale stores.

Another advice, you may want to consider using coupons or rebates when you buy from these stores, you will be shocked how much you can get back from these companies that close the deal between you and the seller.

I used to do wholesale, and even considered dropping, but I only had chance to work with AliExpress, most of other wholesale companies, I got chance to partner with in order to help droppshippers and wholesales buyers save more on their orders.

Edited by OneGoodMan, 06 April 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users