Freelance Declining

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lastbutnotleast

lastbutnotleast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:49 AM

Seems like the need for freelancers these days in most fields is starting to look a bit ugly. The prices have dropped so much it almost isn't worth it to continue offering services, unless your willing to work for 2$/HR. Plus whatever happened to quality over quantity?

#2 sebas

sebas

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:53 AM

I just think that people are willing to settle for less than average writers/prices because of the economy these days.

#3 Kramer

Kramer

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

Seems to be that way. Every time I go to DP or a freelance forum to find some work to do on the side, everyone is doing work for 1-3$ per hour. That is just unacceptable.

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

It completely depends on the quality of work.
People are willing to pay more for quality, which is hard to come by.

There is like 100000000 ... x2 people offering cheap article, most of them (99%) is pure crap, and it's actually REALLY hard to find the good ones from the bad.

You should not compete with the small Chinese kids (sorry if I offended someone here), working for a couple of bucks per hour.
You need to find your niche market and become an expect in this area and offering articles or other services for this specific market.

Example:

If I look for a writer in the "credit repair" niche and someone showed me a list of his completed jobs, all in this niche, all with top ratings. Then I would hire him, even if he charged 2-3 times more than most (no more than $10 though).

Why? Because I know I will receive quality.

#5 Guest_MisterPhilip_*

Guest_MisterPhilip_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

I've found most businesses at first go for the cheap, then get screwed over because nothing works, so they end up hiring somebody that costs more to fix or redo everything. Could've saved them money by going for the higher quality to begin with.

#6 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:45 AM

I know when I am looking for someone to create content I tend to choose someone in the average price range that has proven themselves with lots of genuine testimonials and samples.

#7 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

View Postsamiam, on 01 February 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

I know when I am looking for someone to create content I tend to choose someone in the average price range that has proven themselves with lots of genuine testimonials and samples.

Thats a good method to use, I never choose the cheapest offers myself either.
However, try to look for "niche specific" people too, those will provide a much better result than anybody else you will find.

#8 lastbutnotleast

lastbutnotleast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:17 AM

Don't worry I don't think you offended anyone. It was just a little rant that I have had on my mind the last few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users