Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

How To Write Your First Article

The first thing you need to do is have some idea of what you want to write about.

Brainstorm. What is your site abou?

Use your keyword research to study what people are asking. Go to forums. Use the SEARCH facility.

Write down a general list of 10 or so topics on your niche market.

As an example, in the Real Estate Market, manufactured homes, mobile homes, tax breaks, foreclosures, auctions, geographic hot spots etc

Write down 10 questions/problems for each of the 10 topics.

Can't seem to think of any? Again - it's back to the forums in the niche and use the search tool.

Or go to article directories and see what others are writing about and use this as inspiration.

Now with your keyword list -- it's time to write.

The best way to write an article is to break it into three sections:

• TITLE
  • CONTENT
  • RESOURCE BOX

TITLE:
What makes or breaks most articles, is how popular they are in the Search Engines.

You already have a keyword list, so your title is almost written for you.

Start your title with your keyword. This will appeal to humans -- as well as the Search Engines.

The true goal of every article title is to convince the reader that you can provide them with a solution to a specific problem.

If your title is keyword rich and tells of solving a problem -- that is a winner.

CONTENT:
In the content you must follow through on the promise made in the title.

Use small chunks of text with visible breaks -- so the article looks easy on the eye for the reader.

Your article does not have to be long -- 300 words is enough.

Be aware of something called Keyword Density -- this is how many times you use your keywords.

You want to aim for around 2% -- 3% - ie use a keyword between 2 and 3 times every 100 words. No more -- or you'll be accused of keyword spamming (ie writing an article that appeals to Search Engines more than humans) Within your content -- be sure to answer the problem you promised in the title.

RESOURCE BOX:
The final part of every article -- is the section that allows you to link back to your site.

This is the whole point of the article in the first place -- to get a reader to click to you. Needless to say -- it pays to get this right.

So many people fall at this hurdle -- and simply list their web address. Use the Resource box forcefully.

Give a direct call to action.

Tell the reader what to do NOW.

If they don't click now they never will -- so make sure you tell your reader to take action on the techniques discussed in your article immediately -- by clicking for more information to your site NOW.

#2 Cini

Cini

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hey Kenneth Posted Image

Have you heard of ONLY WIRE?  --

I find it is an  AMAZING tool to actually promote articles.

Via ONE medium (Only Wire), you can actually send to OVER THIRTY Social Bookmarking Sites.

A FANTASTIC way to get your article high on Google rankings!

What's more - if one has a BLOG or WEBSITE,  - it is possible to get this great service for FREE (which I actually use myself)

I would be keen to know your views?

Additionally there is a common misconception about "duplicated content"  -- Google does not actually consider articles posted on different websites as duplicated content.

Hence why you can benefit from having the same article appearing on Google numerous times, appearing on different websites / blogs etc.

As long as it is topic related and provides good content.  Posted Image

As always, If there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Kind Regards,

Daniel (cini)

View PostKenneth, on 02 February 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

I will advise you to post original articles instead of copy/paste - it's also called duplicated content :P

http://www.google.dk...+this+right.%22

#3 Kramer

Kramer

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:04 AM

All of his posts are very spread out lol. Thanks for the article tips none the less. Helped shed some light on a few things.

#4 mark

mark

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:50 AM

If you are looking for the answer how to start an article then you are reading the right article. To find out the answer keep reading and your answer will be fulfilled in the next 5 minutes give or take!

Prepare Your Article!:-Before you start write your article you must prepare yourself. Find out what you are about to write and do some keyword research. Read similar articles in the topic you have chosen. Read about 5 - 6 articles just to get involved and get the words out easier.

Create Bullet Points:-Once you have collected at least 3 tips from the articles you can go ahead and create bullet points from them. In the next step you will explain your bullet points to the readers. You need to keep in mind most article directories have a limitation on minimum words.This means the body of the article must contains minimum of 250 words of pure content. Different directories may vary!

Put The Pictures All Together:-Once you have done with your explaining all you have to do is to make sure everything is all together and read through what you have wrote. Good idea to leave it for few minutes and after go back to it and read it again and make changes to it. But don't go too far with it otherwise you will never get your article ready for publishing.

#5 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

Thanks very much for the tips, I will make sure to look into that when I am creating content for my blog/forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users