* * * * * 1 votes

Is it all in the design?

7 replies to this topic

#1 lastbutnotleast

lastbutnotleast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:24 AM

When creating a site with the primary goal of making money off of advertisements, is the design what I should focus on? Or should it be the content?

#2 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:25 AM

In my experience you need a bit of both. A good design with good content is a win-win situation. But if I had to pick one it would be the content.

#3 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:29 AM

I agree with Jason. Although usually if a site looks ugly I will bounce off of it within 5 seconds, unless some amazing content catches my eye.

#4 Guest_MisterPhilip_*

Guest_MisterPhilip_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

Content is king to drive traffic to your site... However a good design will keep them there. So yeah, Jason is right, a good balance ;)

#5 Paralin

Paralin

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

Designing and content both are important for creating any site. There should be a proper balance between them. Good content with good designing can engage more and more people.

#6 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

View PostMisterPhilip, on 05 February 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Content is king to drive traffic to your site... However a good design will keep them there. So yeah, Jason is right, a good balance Posted Image

I have to agree with this. The days have gone now where design did not mean much. Content too, is what search engines, and the searchers are interested in, so Google is right there.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#7 Setuan

Setuan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

сool.....i like this

#8 Brian Snipes

Brian Snipes

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationRobinson, TX

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postlastbutnotleast, on 05 February 2011 - 06:24 AM, said:

When creating a site with the primary goal of making money off of advertisements, is the design what I should focus on? Or should it be the content?

Both, like others have said, it is the content that will make it or break it.

Give good content.  If you overdeliver, people will notice and keep returning.  If you give old rehashed material, people will soon stop visiting.  Find ways to throw humor into your site and work on keeping them entertained while they are reading the important stuff they need to know. :rolleyes:

Edited by Brian Snipes, 10 May 2012 - 04:28 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users