6 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

I was just reading about a guy that started doing Internet Marketing about 2 months ago.

He paid a writer to write one article per day and submit it to 10 different article directories, he did not optimize the article (or resource box) it for SEO, but traffic (I think you should do some backlinking too, but guess that's a matter of choice).

He also created Youtube videos to get some traffic.

All his traffic was pointing to a simple landing page, which asked the user to submit their email to receive a free gift/e-book.

He started to get 3-4 signups per day, which increased.
2 months later he have 2008 people on his list.

He did not make an auto-responder, he just send an email from time with good quality free tips and gifts to them, he gave them value.
He then used a couple of weeks to promote and warm up his list for an upcoming product, writing good reviews etc (exciting stuff).
2 weeks later he send the email received from the product owner (containing his affiliate link) to his list and earned ~$5000 over the following week !

How awesome is that? And that's from only 2 months of list building.

#2 lastbutnotleast

lastbutnotleast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:39 AM

Wow that sounds amazing. Must have been a good product. I might have to look into doing this for upcoming projects that I have. Great tips.

#3 Kramer

Kramer

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:44 AM

That is pretty amazing. Do you happen to have the link for the landing page? I am curious to see what it is all about.

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostKramer, on 16 February 2011 - 06:44 AM, said:

That is pretty amazing. Do you happen to have the link for the landing page? I am curious to see what it is all about.

Sorry, I don't.

Think it looks something like this one though (just a guess), which is a standard landing page:
the healthy dog book

#5 NWinnzsit

NWinnzsit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:09 AM

View PostKenneth, on 15 February 2011 - 09:32 AM, said:

I was just reading about a guy that started doing Internet Marketing about 2 months ago.

He paid a writer to write one article per day and submit it to 10 different article directories, he did not optimize the article (or resource box) it for SEO, but traffic (I think you should do some backlinking too, but guess that's a matter of choice).

He also created Youtube videos to get some traffic.

All his traffic was pointing to a simple landing page, which asked the user to submit their email to receive a free gift/e-book.

He started to get 3-4 signups per day, which increased.
2 months later he have 2008 people on his list.

He did not make an auto-responder, he just send an email from time with good quality free tips and gifts to them, he gave them value.
He then used a couple of weeks to promote and warm up his list for an upcoming product, writing good reviews etc (exciting stuff).
2 weeks later he send the email received from the product owner (containing his affiliate link) to his list and earned ~$5000 over the following week !

How awesome is that? And that's from only 2 months of list building.

Make a full time income sending simple emails Click here. Start now.

#6 NWinnzsit

NWinnzsit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:33 AM

That is awesome. And the beauty of it is that it's not rocket science. It's a very simple plan - a system.

I love this story because it just goes to show what we can all do if we treat our businesses like real
businesses, think a little bit and go do something - take action!

Too many people get caught up in this get rich quick mentality and start chasing after the "latest
greatest best thing ever" instead of realizing that yes, you can make money online, but it does
take some work.

The work doesn't have to be as hard as going out and digging a ditch, but there is some work
involved. I know that's a dirty word (work) in some circles, but that's what it takes.

Of course, I don't know what this man's product/service is, but he pretty much followed a simple,
proven strategy for making money online - or in any business, for that matter.

You offer people something of value (i.e. info in his articles and videos), get them to join your list
and then you follow up with more items of value and offers/recommendations to buy products.

Another thing he could have done instead of just giving away information for free is sell a low-priced
item (maybe $7 or less) to get proven buyers on his list immediately (rather than a bunch of freebie seekers).

And I bet if he creates his own unique email (instead of the one the product owner sent him) his response
rates will go even higher. That's because he can create his own bonuses or offers that other affiliates
for that product don't have. He'll separate himself from the pack.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this story. It should give some people who think you can't make money without
buying somebody's spam list (or doing some other crazy thing)some serious food for thought.

You can make money on the Internet using legitimate simple ideas that start by simply, genuinely helping people.

By the way, I know about doing all that crazy stuff because years ago, I started out making those mistakes myself.

It was very costly and very painful. I hope that somebody, even one person, who reads your post about this man
will take a lesson from him - and not make all the dumb, expensive mistakes I made.

Thanks again for sharing his story. You caused me to come up with some good ideas and gave me some good,
positive energy.
Make a full time income sending simple emails Click here. Start now.

#7 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Good post :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users