8 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

It has been a known fact that Google saves information about what websites you visit, what type of content your looking for an in areas.
They use all this kind of information to create a "profile" of you, which they use to display ads related to your interest.

Would you like to know, what type of information Google think your interested in?
Luckily for you, Google has made it possible for you to see and modify those information :)

http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/

#2 stoneman

stoneman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

It's kind of creepy how much they track about you. Not that I'm paranoid or I'm doing anything wrong, but I like to sift through and delete cookies every now and then.

Free USB Drive with every $25 purchase
Cool Free and Paid eBooks Ready to Download
FreezeBooks.com

#3 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

I have given up, it's almost impossible to hide your interests or identity to Google, they have way too many methods to choose from :P
But, i'm one of those guys that prefer to see ads i'm interested in, from time to time you actually see something you can use.

#4 stoneman

stoneman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

Well, I supposed there's something to that point of view that if you're going to see ads, then they might as well be ads you might be interested in

Free USB Drive with every $25 purchase
Cool Free and Paid eBooks Ready to Download
FreezeBooks.com

#5 jackmark

jackmark

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

This is nice thread. I really like it. Thanks for sharing this information.

#6 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

Your welcome :)

#7 derek123

derek123

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

wow

#8 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

View Poststoneman, on 19 April 2011 - 08:34 PM, said:

It's kind of creepy how much they track about you. Not that I'm paranoid or I'm doing anything wrong, but I like to sift through and delete cookies every now and then.

Up to recently, it was not only "creepy" it was illegal.  I don't think this kind of tracking is okay at all.  They are even to a point they want to be able to integrate facial recognition.  They know where you live, where your bank accounts are, they know every site you go to and who your friends are online, They know your poitical affiliations, what you buy, who your family is and where they live.  They know when the last time you emailed them is and they know what you talked about. Their data base is being integrated with who else's?  The Goverment, FBI, DHS?  We have  no way to know if they are integrating our full background database with.

I don't like it now - never will.  When I'm in a forum posting about my favorite author being Kurt Vonnegut and can go to FB later and have ads for his books show up it makes my blood run cold.

Admin - thanks for the link. That's not enough for me though.  I never browse the web while signed into my google account.  I also have "better privaxy" installed on my browser (FF) to wipe out their damned super cookies (LSO cookies - read up on those things) whenever I want to.  There was legislation going on regarding the privacy invasion of those cookies. Not sure what happened to it. I've not seen or heard a word about it lately. For all we know the gov decided it was more profitiable to buy the data instead of keeping them from collecting it.  It will be a cold day in hell before I ever trust a company with the power and money that google has to be doing anything just for MY benefit.

Edited by Hey Sal, 03 February 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#9 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

ooops :unsure:

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users