3 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

So, Google launched a new extension to Chrome and it seems to be getting a lot of attention these days.
Got 3 instant messages this morning alone, so guess it's worth a look :)

The extension is called "Personal Blocklist" and will let you block websites that you don't like (or is spam).

I think it will let you share blocked search results with others running the extension, which will give you much better search results - but I'm not 100% sure about this, only thing I know is the fact Google will use the data to improve it's search results (they say so on the website).

This might become the main tool for Google when dealing with spam websites or small adsense sites with no real content, time will tell.

This might also impact you guys running one-page websites based on a long tail keyword (with low content quality).

I'm at work at the moment and can't test it and see how it works, but will post an update in a couple of hours :)

In the meantime, check it out:
https://chrome.googl...daogikpmpbdcdef

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

So, I tested it and it works great.

It's a tool that let you block websites you don't like, or find irrelevant to the search results.
The sites you block is not shared with other users (yet), but Google will use it to optimize the default search results.

So, go install Chrome (if you haven't already) and get this extension, it's awesome :)

#3 Guest_MisterPhilip_*

Guest_MisterPhilip_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

I like it, however there is one real killer for me. Any time the extension is updated and you have the button hidden, it will reappear and stay visible. This annoys me beyond belief because I hate having those buttons up there. I want my extensions to be hidden or visible only when I need them! :P

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:59 AM

View PostMisterPhilip, on 24 February 2011 - 02:19 AM, said:

I like it, however there is one real killer for me. Any time the extension is updated and you have the button hidden, it will reappear and stay visible. This annoys me beyond belief because I hate having those buttons up there. I want my extensions to be hidden or visible only when I need them! :P

I bet they will change that in the near future :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users