10 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

What is your best way to get to your client base, If you don't mind sharing? About how many do you get a month?

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

View PostJason, on 14 December 2010 - 08:15 PM, said:

What is your best way to get to your client base, If you don't mind sharing? About how many do you get a month?

I don't do any offline marketing myself, but the best method is without the Phone, it's fast and very effective :)

Grab your local phonebook and start to do some research - remember, doing research of the business you want to contact (start with the small ones) will make it 10 times easier to get a meeting. The client can see you have been doing your homework and is actually interested in his company.

What you need to do is to fix a meeting with him (not phone meeting, a real one).
At this meeting you need to be prepared:

- Basic layout/sketch of his new website, what you will improve and how it will benefit his business.
- Show him where his current website is placed in Google and how hard it is to find. Explain to him what you can do to improve his SEO and what he will get from a higher search engine ranking.
- Try to sell a monthly recurring solution to him. Offer him free support and ongoing SEO.

There is way more to it, but thats the basics :)

#3 bigtime

bigtime

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

Yea I would be as professional as possible and as honest as possible when meeting new clients. If you build friendships with them they are more likely to purchase your product.

#4 MrRusty

MrRusty

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

You have to find business's that have a strong online presence. Then try to pitch your SEO techniques to them and hopefully they will bring you on board as a SEO consultant of sorts.

#5 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

That makes sense. But it doesn't seem like their would be enough companies needing this service to make it worth-while.

#6 TheGreatOne

TheGreatOne

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

Like I said in a previous topic, there are plenty of opportunities for offline marketing. You just have to be one step above your competition. Show initiative!

#7 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

View PostTheGreatOne, on 15 December 2010 - 01:04 AM, said:

Like I said in a previous topic, there are plenty of opportunities for offline marketing. You just have to be one step above your competition. Show initiative!

You only need to sell your product better than your competitor, and find area of a client's website that can be improved.
Tell him what you can improve and what it will mean to his business.

Remember, every business is interested in more orders - so, if you can help him getting more orders by improving something, then your likely to close a deal.

#8 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:26 AM

I agree with Kenneth, it is all about letting the customer know exactly what you can do for his company that will set him apart from other companies.

#9 dorjay77

dorjay77

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:17 AM

Build friendship with your clients whom you meet and leave a good impression to him with your service and product so that he/she get agree to take your service and product.

#10 Ayen Mahinay

Ayen Mahinay

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

always very nice suggestion.
honestly and hard working is well
The Game is Over

#11 AmandaT

AmandaT

• Pro Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

I try to pick small businesses and try to explain what I do in simple turns. It is also important to have a business card to give to all potential clients.

For example, there was a really good local restaurant that didn't really seem to get much business. I did a Google search for "My Town Mexican Restaurant" and when they didn't come up at all, I went to speak to the owner. I did already eat there fairly often, so they had at least seen me. This really helps with local business.

I found out when the owner would be in and asked if I could speak to them for a few minutes. I explained that I worked on helping local businesses utilize the internet to get more customers. I asked if he had a website and he said no and that he didn't understand why he would need one since he was in the phone book and people would see his restaurant when driving through town.

I went on to explain that more and more people use the internet to find businesses because they use their smartphones while on the road or just use their computer because typing a few words is easier than looking up things in a phone book. I told him that when someone in our town wants to go out to eat or someone from outside of town wants to see where they can eat here, they will go to a search engine and type "my town restaurant" or "my town mexican restaurant" and see what comes up.

I then told him I didn't want to take up all of his time but if he would like to speak more about it we could set up a meeting and I could show him how I can help his business. I gave him my business card and went back to eat.

I didn't get a call the first week, but when I went in the next time to eat he was there. When he saw me he walked over and asked if we could set up a meeting.

COMING SOON: Easy Kindle Cash

Learn how to create quick and easy Kindle books that buyers love!

For more information, check out the Easy Kindle Cash Blog.

I also sell high quality PLR! Get your FREE PLR here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users