10 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Are forum signature backlinks worth it? I have heard mixed reviews on this and would like some clarification. It would be easy to get them if they counted.

#2 bigtime

bigtime

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

You have to make sure that the forum is dofollow as far as the links go. If it is set to nofollow your just wasting your time. If I remember correctly.

#3 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

How do I find out if their signature links are Dofollow? Should I just ask? Or is there a way to check without asking?

#4 TheGreatOne

TheGreatOne

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

I have had some backlinks thanks to forum signatures. Like previously stated, you just have to find links that are dofollow.

#5 antinoob

antinoob

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:30 AM

I haven't had much success with forum back links. They just don't seem to have as much pull with Google as other links have. So I gave up on that.

#6 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

Forum backlinks is better than nothing, if your speaking about profile backlinks.
Adding your backlinks to signatures in the forums your active in, might be good idea too.

#7 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

The way I look at it, if your going to be active on a forum you might as well take the time to put a link in the profile or signature area. The only thing that sucks is if the admin disables signatures when you have posted 100+ posts.

#8 JacobH

JacobH

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:50 AM

Forum signature can also help you get quality backlinks but you should consider do follow links for your signature to get quality backlinks and keyword popularity.

#9 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:05 AM

View PostJacobH, on 07 January 2011 - 04:50 AM, said:

Forum signature can also help you get quality backlinks but you should consider do follow links for your signature to get quality backlinks and keyword popularity.

indeed :)

#10 ManiaC

ManiaC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:22 AM

I haven't really thought of using forums to get backlinks. I'll have to look into it, could prove useful.

#11 lindamartin88

lindamartin88

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

Forums are a great platform for back-links and do-follow forums that provide signature option are particularly helpful.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users