The Importance of Keyword Research

6 replies to this topic

#1 kianboon

kianboon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:11 AM

Hi all, this is my first day here and I decided to share some of my knowledge and hope at least it helps some people out there.

1) How does your potential customer find your site?
2) How do the search engines display your site?

Keywords are how your site is found, how your site is ranked and is the foundation upon which your site is built.

Keywords = success or failure.

Luckily there is one amazing free keyword research tool available in the market and it is called Google Keyword Tool

I am going to elaborate more on how do I go about using this free tool.

1) Click the here simply search "Google Keyword Tool" with any of the search engines.

2) Next, you will be directed to this page
Posted Image

3) Under the Word or phrase (one per line) section, type in the keyword that you are going to use for researching. So in this case, I am using the keyword "Dog Training".

4) Under the advanced options and filtering, I would go with "All Countries" and "English". If your website is for a particular country or language, simply filter them according to your needs.

5) Fill up the captcha and press "Search" and it should display as follow:
http://i1104.photobu...83/Keyword2.jpg

6) So lets see, under the first keyword "dog training":
- The competition is around "30%", the lower the competition, the higher the chances that users will find your website.
- The Global Monthly Search of "1,000,000" means the amount of people searching for the keyword in a month.

7) Your best bet would be finding the keyword with the lowest competition and the highest Global Monthly Search.

I hope this article helps in finding your next domain name, article heading, etc.

Good luck and have a great day ahead. :)

Free Content Website Dedicated To Make Real Legit Money Online.

www.makemoneywithkianboon.com

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

Great post :)

#3 lindamartin88

lindamartin88

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

This is a really good google adwords tutorial and the exact application and benefits that can be extracted from it.

#4 RayB

RayB

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:09 AM

Keyword Phrase Research is a process of selecting the most optimum performance keyword phrases that can help visitors find your site. You may have spent days and months on fine-tuning your web pages for a better ranking with the major search engines, yet it will all amount to a big waste if the right keyword phrases are not targeted.

#5 webguy4u

webguy4u

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDevon, Uk

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

Yes quite an informative post there, i'll make a quick but to the point comment of my own here...

I'm sure that a lot of newbies online think that by adding a certain keyword to their meta tags several times, it will bring them higher results for it in the search engines.

Wrong, that will only hinder your progress, adding the same keyword multiple times is known as "keyword stuffing" and should not be done.

The search engines are very wise to this and will without a doubt penalize the offending website.

Edited by webguy4u, 04 June 2011 - 09:14 AM.

To your success,
Kyle Lee
Info
Php Scripts
Seo Guides

#6 Selijames

Selijames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this post. I think relevancy of the keywords is the very important aspects for every promotion of the sites and this will increase the traffic of the sites.

#7 stevenkadlec

stevenkadlec

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Theres a missing element here- you also need to see how much content is already out there for the given keyword. This is just as important as the amount of keyword searches itself.

This is explained in depth on How to list on google

Edited by stevenkadlec, 09 September 2011 - 08:53 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users