Are Forum's Profitable?

23 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

Forum Reviews

• Administrators
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

Are forums like this one profitable? What method should a person use to bring in some revenue from a discussion forum?

#2 antinoob

antinoob

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:04 AM

In my opinion forums can be profitable. But I wouldn't put adsense on them, I would instead do private advertising, let people pay to put there own private ads on your forum.

#3 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

Well I hope so as that is the route that I am currently taking. I have paired Google Adsense with it and hope to make enough to keep the forum alive. Would be nice to have some profit.

#4 bigtime

bigtime

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:55 AM

In my experience the only real profit you get from a forum is selling it, other than that it's not a great way to make money.

#5 MrRusty

MrRusty

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:58 AM

Forums can be profitable, I have seen giant forums sell plenty of private advertising for a hefty price. All depends on the market and niche.

#6 beast

beast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:21 AM

The forums that I have been two have taken a lot of time to become profitable. Forums will take you twice as long to make profitable than other websites.

#7 Kramer

Kramer

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

Forums are absolutely profitable. Like beast said, they just take quite a bit longer to show a profit. You have to be patient.

#8 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

Yea I have had a few forums over the years, and with private advertising they can be very profitable. You can also use PPC ads on them, but I would get the ads that pay for impressions and not clicks.

#9 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

They are probably the hardest type of website to get started, require a lot of attention.
They can be very profitable, but it will require years of hard work.

#10 Selijames

Selijames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

Yes, Forums is a very profitable.Through forum participation we can get high quality back links. It will help in increasing the traffic to your sites.

#11 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

View PostSelijames, on 15 September 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

Yes, Forums is a very profitable.Through forum participation we can get high quality back links. It will help in increasing the traffic to your sites.

Yep, that's exactly what this dude is doing :)

#12 dorjay77

dorjay77

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

yes, forums are profitable for advertising.

#13 ishuvonet

ishuvonet

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

Yeah forums like this are useful; if they can get a good rank in their niche.there are multiple ways they can use to make money like

-Selling adspace
-paid subscription
-adsense/affiliate marketing

#14 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

Forums can be so profitable once they pick up, there are many ways to make money out of them : PPC clicks like adsense, Selling ads, or even paid section (for people offering services or looking for advertising), Sponsors.

Your niche may play factor on what is the best way to menotrize your forum

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#15 steveanderson

steveanderson

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

Yes forum can give you profit when you have good registered members so you can sell that forum and get handsome income.

#16 tarny

tarny

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

I also agree that forums can be profitable and bring in a good revenue if maintaind correctly. I personally dont like the adsense ads on posts. I think you can only display 3 blocks a page so when the first three posts have adsense in them it does tend to look crowded especially if the posters have a lot of text in their signatures.

Good time spent promoting a forum and bringing in new traffic from search engines will make it easier to attract private advertisers but as mentioned above, it wont be overnight, I would say it takes a lot of time and a lot of patience.

#17 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

I don't think forums are really created to be profitable. They are a community that is built around trust, not profit. Sure, if an owner decided to sell a forum, they could make money, but I don't think people start forums with the intention of making money from them.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#18 Paralin

Paralin

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

yes, forums can be profitable but the most important thing is that which techniques are using to make it beneficial.

#19 wateyme

wateyme

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

IF we can have a look to digital point and webcosmos these are forum which created for making money intentions. that's why they will charge for all things.

#20 Izzonet

Izzonet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

View Postsamiam, on 15 December 2010 - 03:11 AM, said:

Are forums like this one profitable? What method should a person use to bring in some revenue from a discussion forum?

i dont think forums can be profitable. becasue forums are built on values like sharing, help and mostly about trust. in forums, the thinking in not about the profit, moreover about the trust.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users