- - - - -

PPC traffic vs. search engine traffic, which one is better

11 replies to this topic

#1 Kick2011

Kick2011

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

I am now running 3 PPC campaigns at adcenter, and so far I got 120+ clicks with no sales. The products I promote all top products in clickbank marketplace.

I have heard that PPC is very targeted traffic source, and I also heard some marketers claim their conversion rate normally is higher than 3%. So I have a question, why I can't have that kind of conversion rate promoting affiliate products on adcenter?

#2 Graham Mortimer

Graham Mortimer

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPhnom Penh, Cambodia

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:10 AM

I don't think PPC is that targeting. It depends on who you use and what you're advertising. For example, I use PPC sites to click the ads and I get all sorts of ads. The only targeting I think is by location and not by type because at no time during the registration process for most sites are you asked to select your 'interests'. If you want targeted traffic try articles and blogs.

Search engines do also provide targeting traffic. I get 90% of my traffic from google and for every 120 visitors I will get about 1-2 sales or 5-10 ad clicks.

#3 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

View PostKick2011, on 25 July 2011 - 10:55 PM, said:

I am now running 3 PPC campaigns at adcenter, and so far I got 120+ clicks with no sales. The products I promote all top products in clickbank marketplace.

I have heard that PPC is very targeted traffic source, and I also heard some marketers claim their conversion rate normally is higher than 3%. So I have a question, why I can't have that kind of conversion rate promoting affiliate products on adcenter?

It kinda depends on your landing page and the offer itself.
You need to sell the product on your landing page.

I would probably try to get traffic other ways than PPC, specially if your just starting out.
Try write some articles about the same niche as your product, submit the article to article directories.
Put a link in the footer of your article (you need to get +20% click rate on your article).

#4 Selijames

Selijames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

I always think that Search Engine traffic is better than PPC traffic because, search engine traffic not only increase your promotion activity but also it provide best way to increase your earnings.

#5 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

View PostSelijames, on 09 September 2011 - 09:11 AM, said:

I always think that Search Engine traffic is better than PPC traffic because, search engine traffic not only increase your promotion activity but also it provide best way to increase your earnings.

And it's cheaper ^^

#6 dorjay77

dorjay77

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:08 AM

According to me search engine is better than PPC for traffic and sale of your product.

#7 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

View Postdorjay77, on 20 September 2011 - 06:08 AM, said:

According to me search engine is better than PPC for traffic and sale of your product.

PPC can scale very fast if you find a profitable offer, but it comes with a risk and still require a lot of work.

#8 ishuvonet

ishuvonet

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Well when it comes to matter of PPC I think Google Adwords is best than any other PPC campaign like adcenter of Microsoft.And I will go with SE traffic rather than PPC traffic.

#9 Ayen Mahinay

Ayen Mahinay

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

I suggest you never depend PPC for improving your sale its only on helps for boosting your traffic. organic visitors always good to sale.
The Game is Over

#10 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

Ye, you should avoid using PPC if your new to creating landing pages. Use free traffic methods instead, at least until you know how to make a converting landing page :)

#11 linkedstrategies

linkedstrategies

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

Search Engine Traffic is better in my opinion. I read from SEO Experts blog that PPC for traffic is not always good. Organic is still better.
Become #1 on LinkedIn!
http://www.linkedstrategies.com/blog/

#12 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostKenneth, on 01 December 2011 - 09:11 AM, said:

Ye, you should avoid using PPC if your new to creating landing pages. Use free traffic methods instead, at least until you know how to make a converting landing page Posted Image
I have heard a lot of times that it is best to use free traffic to see if your page converts....once you know you have a winner then it is time to invest in PPC or paid traffic and  scale things ups

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users