7 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

This small guide will teach you how to do proper keyword research.
Please leave a comment if you got a suggestion or correction.

As a website owner you want traffic, and traffic comes from keyword research.
A keyword can be one or more words, the goal is to find a keyword with low competition with as many searched in Google as possible.

In this guide I will use the keyword phrase "Cool Red Bike", completely random word (didn't even Google it).

The above keyword is also known as a "Long Tail Keyword".
It's more easy to rank top 5 with a long tail keyword than a one-word keyword, obviously.

Don't underestimate long tail keywords, quite a bit of them still receive a lot of search engine traffic.

1. How to find a good keyword
You can use Google Keyword Suggestion but it will not give you any good tools to check how hard the competition is.
You want to find a keyword with a good search/competition ratio and for that you need to use a program.

There is currently two programs worth using, which will help you find keywords and let you know how hard the competition is.
They cost a one-time fee to use, which include lifetime updates and is well worth the money.
They are not free but quite cheap compared to service they provide, you can earn the money back in less than a week, if you do it right.

Micro Niche Finder
This is my favorite program when doing small adsense/niche sites.
Market Samurai is more powerful overall, but this one is easy to use and cheaper.

I developed my first 4 adsense sites based on keyword research using Micro Niche Finder, they where all completed within a week and have been earning me $250-300 (stable) USD per month for the last year. Not bad for 7 days work :)

(I'm currently working on series of videos that explains how to use Micro Niche Finder)

Market Samurai
This is a more powerful program and a bit harder to use, but it comes with a lot of extra features, compared to Micro Niche Finder.
The price is a bit higher and it require more time to learn.

(I'm currently working on small video that explains the basics of Market Samurai)

#2 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

Great guide mate! Looking forward to seeing the video of the Market Samurai. Keyword's are essential in any good and profitable site.

#3 antinoob

antinoob

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

Great stuff Kenneth, thanks for the share. I have no doubt that this bit of info will help tons of people, if they take the time to read.

#4 .Anti.

.Anti.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

Love this post. I really learned quite a bit from it thanks. Hopefully now I can get some sites going that get traffic a bit more.

#5 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:37 AM

Ahh that is what I was looking for. This is a great post, thanks very much for this. Exactly what I needed.

#6 Michella

Michella

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

Cool piece of software! I guess I will have to look into that. Thanks!

The key to good keyword research is not to choose every highly searched term. It would be great to rank for the term chair, but if you sell office chairs it would be better to focus on the keyword terms that will bring you in qualified customers. You should choose one or two short (2 to 3 word) keyword terms to focus on in your website.

You MUST also focus on longer keyword terms (4 to 5 words). These will bring you in the most qualified customers to your website. This is referred to as the “long tail” of search. These terms are proven to bring in more qualified customers to your website.

It is proven in recent trends in search behavior that when a prospective customer begins searching for products through a search engine, they follow this progression of searching:
1. Generic, short terms
2. Branded short terms
3. Long terms with more detail

Customers were more likely to purchase as this progression moved forward. The key to optimizing your website is to make sure you are optimized for all three of the options above. You will be able to rank easiest for the longer terms and should be able to bring the likeliest customer to buy first. Branded terms are normally quite competitive, but with a little time and some perseverance you will be able to rank for those terms. The generic terms are hardest to rank for, but it can be done. :)

#7 dorjay77

dorjay77

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:57 AM

Great information man keep it up. and thanks for sharing it.

#8 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

View Postdorjay77, on 10 September 2011 - 05:57 AM, said:

Great information man keep it up. and thanks for sharing it.

Your welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users