5 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Autoblogs pulls articles from other websites and post it on the blog, some plugins rewrite the content to make it look unique, this is not the case with all autoblogging plugins though.

Some plugins even ask you if you want to remove the resource box and all links within the articles.
I will highly recommend that you keep all those links.

You do not make more money by removing the links, so you might as well help the author by giving him a couple of backlinks.
Keep the links :)

#2 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

Nice tip mate. I imagine you would want to keep the links. But I'm not sure if I would or not. But I guess it's how unselfish I am feeling lol.

#3 AmandaT

AmandaT

• Pro Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

I highly suggest keeping the links. If the writer finds their article on your site without the links they could easily sent a DMCA notice to your hosting and you could have your whole site taken down! I know I send these notices out once a month to people who steal my content without keeping my resource box.

COMING SOON: Easy Kindle Cash

Learn how to create quick and easy Kindle books that buyers love!

For more information, check out the Easy Kindle Cash Blog.

I also sell high quality PLR! Get your FREE PLR here!

#4 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Amanda is right.  Taking the credits off an article is not just a stupid thing to do - it's plagiarism (read: illegal).  The idiots that do that nat only ruin your business, they get people worked up enough to put government on top of us with new regulations - and when they make regulations, they always add a few things that give them more control in other ways than just the central issue.

However, if you steal someone's content, you are lucky if you only get a DMCA - the owner of that material can actually force you to pay for it at any price they want to set for it.

Unless you are the type of low life that will walk into a store and take what you want without paying for you, you shouldn't be the type to steal from someone just because you are online.  WHo wants to do business with a criminal?

#5 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Sal is right, it is blatant theft and as such will have to be removed.

The abusers should think how they would feel if their own materials were being stolen, and used elsewhere - UNLESS credit to the author is given.

It is not on really, and we will definitely be keeping an eye out on that, and if members can report such posts that would be highly appreciated.

Katie x
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#6 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

If the new SOPA rules comes into play, such such theft could actually shut a hole website down.

It will definitely be food for thought if it does come into play, because all websites will have to be on their guard, and this will be where these parasitical spammers could even cause severe damage to blogs, and forums.

When people write content, THEY own it, so nobody (without permission) has any blatant right to just steal it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users