14 replies to this topic

#1 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

So what is the purpose of trying to increase your Alexa ranking? Is their any specific benefit? Or is it just a ranking system?

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

View PostMatt, on 17 December 2010 - 07:51 PM, said:

So what is the purpose of trying to increase your Alexa ranking? Is their any specific benefit? Or is it just a ranking system?

There is no benefit at all, except the bragging value :P
Only webmasters uses it, but guess it's a good "sales pitch" when selling a website, if your ranking is high.

... guess you can compare it to a "traffic rank", the higher a website is on the site, the more traffic it receive (normally).

#3 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

Nice. That's what i figured it was. I have used it on a couple of sites now and have had no real direct benefit from it.

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

View PostMatt, on 18 December 2010 - 07:27 PM, said:

Nice. That's what i figured it was. I have used it on a couple of sites now and have had no real direct benefit from it.

Alexa is not something you can choose to use, it's like Google.
It will index your website and estimate the traffic according to data received from various toolbars :)

#5 .Anti.

.Anti.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:19 AM

Alexa is a complete waste of time. All it tells you is how many links point in to your site and what your traffic rank is.

#6 shulink

shulink

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

I think the alexa rank is not that accurate.My website have more visitors now but lower alexa rank than the time we have fewer visitors.

#7 ManiaC

ManiaC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

View Postshulink, on 07 January 2011 - 08:25 PM, said:

I think the alexa rank is not that accurate.My website have more visitors now but lower alexa rank than the time we have fewer visitors.

I seem to see this more often than not. Some times it takes Alexa forever to update. Kinda pointless to me as well.

#8 1youcantoo

1youcantoo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

Alexa Is great tool for comparing your website to other similar sites to see WHO is more Popular

#9 sebas

sebas

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

View Post1youcantoo, on 09 January 2011 - 08:41 PM, said:

Alexa Is great tool for comparing your website to other similar sites to see WHO is more Popular

That would be the only benefit that I can see coming from it. Other than that it is pretty useless.

#10 wellhello

wellhello

• Watchers
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

Well it ranks your site based on traffic information collected from tool bars and other publicly available info. how ever it give a much clearer picture on you sites SEO than google page rank for example as I have seen pr 4 sites with no traffic so its good to monitor your rank with alexa but your efforts should be focused on optimising you site for search engines.

#11 pronetas

pronetas

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

I always used alexa to see how my website is doing, its good cos u see ur statistic accurate and  people can leave their reviews, more positives reviews the lower ur rank will be,and its good promotion.

#12 Pierre Phil

Pierre Phil

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

Alexa is not accurate and they are slow when tracking sites. But it is still a very useful tool.

#13 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:38 PM

View PostPierre Phil, on 10 March 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

Alexa is not accurate and they are slow when tracking sites. But it is still a very useful tool.

Indeed they are.

#14 ishuvonet

ishuvonet

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Well having a good alexa ranking helps to get enter into some networks in order to make money.For example textlinkads-they consider alexa score before approving a site or blog in their network.

#15 jackmark

jackmark

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Hello mate i want to tell you that Alexa ranking is worldwide ranking of your website. Its of great benefits. It tells you that your website exists at which place. Good alexa ranking shows the popularity of your website. This is off the grid thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users