New Google dance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Meldrum

Meldrum

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

Please share about new google dance. I am also studying. If you have any information about GD then please post info.......

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

Sorry, I dont know much about it.
To be honest, I dont really care that much about it - just write good content and do some backlinks and your set, at least thats my point of view :)

#3 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

Since Panda update 3.2, I got a bad hit of traffic for my websites, didn't affect my sales much.

I have been working more on SEO these days. I guess the G+ is what caused this disaster (I didn't pay much of attention to G+) and I guess these G+ is the new trend on the market.

The latest updated upset many people ( I personally think it make no sense to get a result high just because my friend x like it ).

My advice pormote G+ on your website, run sweepstake or something similar to get people to G+ your website, I am sure would drive you higher ranking :)

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Sweepstake? Like offering something for free in return for a G+ submit?

#5 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

The "Google Dance" is Google's way of reacting to tricks IMers use to get traffic that become annoying to searchers.  At one point of time Adsense sites were getting so prevelant they would fill the front pages of searches.  Searchers started to get ticked off with search results so Google slapped those sites.  The famous "double content" slap was because people were cloning pages of a small site to make it appear like a heavier, larger site. So they slapped sites that cloned pages - and there are misconceptions about duplicate content to this very day.  Next link farms started cropping up so Google changed how it looked at links.

They call it the google dance because of the way IMers dance around google, then google takes steps to stop crap that ruins their searcher's satisfaction with their results.

Kenneth is absolutely spot on correct.  Just run your business with the intent on providing value for anyone who views anything you do and the dance won't make a squat of difference to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users