5 replies to this topic

#1 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:56 AM

I don't see how these things make money. I have seen about 3 of them pop up around the net in the last couple of days. The ads are the only thing that makes them money...How do they stay afloat?

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:58 AM

View PostMatt, on 22 December 2010 - 06:56 AM, said:

I don't see how these things make money. I have seen about 3 of them pop up around the net in the last couple of days. The ads are the only thing that makes them money...How do they stay afloat?

Never heard of "Post 2 Host" before? Your referring to free hosting, where the hosting company display ads on your pages?

#3 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:00 AM

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

http://www.xdwebhosting.com

You post a certain number of posts on their forum and you get free hosting with no ads. How can they make a profit?!?  :blink:

#4 .Anti.

.Anti.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

The make money off of the ads on their forum, but other than that there isn't much to be made. Some will offer upgraded paid packages, that's where they get ya.

#5 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

View Post.Anti., on 22 December 2010 - 07:02 AM, said:

The make money off of the ads on their forum, but other than that there isn't much to be made. Some will offer upgraded paid packages, that's where they get ya.

And upgrades

A lot of free hosting providers run the entire business on free members upgrading to paid plans

#6 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

I was all ready looking into getting some hosting. Maybe I should look into offering a small post 2 host package, then have three upgraded packages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users