Kindle Publishing

10 replies to this topic

#1 AmandaT

AmandaT

• Pro Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Kindle publishing is hot right now and everyone seems to be talking about it. How many of you are interested in it or already do Kindle publishing?

Personally, I use it as a great way to brand myself as an expert in my niche. I also make a good bit of cash with it.

I get tons of traffic from my books as well! Mostly I write non-fiction books but I may be publishing some fiction books as well soon.

COMING SOON: Easy Kindle Cash

Learn how to create quick and easy Kindle books that buyers love!

For more information, check out the Easy Kindle Cash Blog.

I also sell high quality PLR! Get your FREE PLR here!

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

I was reading about it a year ago or something, a female had great success publishing books on Kindle.
One thing though, she had A LOT of them. 1-2 books will not make you rich, she had like 50 (can't remember the exact amount).

#3 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

Kindle publishing is a good place to start, but you need to understand your audience and niche, not everyone is into kindle and this is why ebooks like IM niche are not having much of success with kindle

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#4 AmandaT

AmandaT

• Pro Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Well, I make pretty good money from about a dozen books. I have about 50 but only about a dozen get really nice sales.

The trick is to come up with short, info packed books in your niche to help build your repuation.

#5 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostAmandaT, on 02 February 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Well, I make pretty good money from about a dozen books. I have about 50 but only about a dozen get really nice sales.

The trick is to come up with short, info packed books in your niche to help build your repuation.

Have you tried to make one of those "XXX ways to ..." books?
I remember some reports teaching to make those.

#6 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

I've been looking over Kindle and haven't decided whether to take the plunge or not yet.  I have a product I'm writing and am having great difficulty deciding how exactly I want to market it yet.  I'm not sure that Kindle will be my first choice.   Einny meany minie mo.  

I'm also a little leery of all the clash between Kindle and Barns and Nobles - is one better than the other, which will give me the best % on my own work? Should I publish it on my own website for awhile first so I don't have to split profits.  --- So many questions.

Amanda -- what is the average length of the ebooks you publish and what is your average per book price?

#7 AmandaT

AmandaT

• Pro Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

My books are anywhere from 10 pages to 300 pages. Most of my books are either $1.99 or $4.99 but I have books ranging from $.99 to $19.99.

Both Kindle and Barnes and Nobles are good, but Kindle has a larger customer base simply because of how many people already shop on Amazon.

My favorite way to use Kindle is to promote websites I already have. I have several niche sites already up and running, getting plenty of traffic. I have a list in the niches from these sites. I promote the books to my list and also link back to my site in my book. It helps build credibility when people can go to Amazon and see your name on a book.

Yes, I do the XXX ways books, but I actually reuse those books to create a mini series of more in depth books as well.

#8 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Interesting, thanks.   One thing I still want to know is if Amazon allows you to post a book with them that you are selling on your own site, too. Do they object to you selling  your own work outside of Amazon when  you post a book with them?  I have heard there is some sort of rivalry between B&N and Amazon that keeps you from using both, but I'm not sure how either feels about someone promoting their own work outside of the copy you put on these media.

I have one book I'm writing now (Saving Ricky) that could cause me legal headaches if I were to affiliate and then have an affiliate make outrageous claims.  I will want to hand choose anyone who affilates on that item.  I'm wondering if I put something up on Amazon and one of their affiliates grabs it and makes wild and ungrounded claims if I can get slapped for that or if that would be Amazon's problem since it would be their affiliate.

#9 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

I do not think they allow you to sell the book elsewhere.

#10 AmandaT

AmandaT

• Pro Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

I'm not sure about the legal issues... I know they would technically be an Amazon affiliate, but that is all I know when it comes to that.

You CAN post your book outside of the Kindle, but you can't register your book as part of the Kindle Select program if it is sold outside of Amazon. The Kindle Select is a great program, but not neccessary.

Amazon MUST have the cheapest copies though, otherwise if it is reported, Amazon will lower the price of your book on Kindle.

#11 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

Thanks again, Amanda. Great to have someone in here familiar with their system.

That's what I was thinking  - that because I don't have control of Amazon's affiliates, that they would be the ones accountable for their affiliate's actions instead of me.  It's really hard to tell what is going to get you slapped by the law any more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users