7 replies to this topic

#1 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

One thing you hear real often in IM is about how many hours people put in at the computer.  Right now I'm tired enough that I could fall asleep sitting up - and just winding down to close down for the night.  I'm wondering about you folks. Anyone work so many hours that you end up waking up with waffle face - you know, that condition you get from falling asleep with your face on the keyboard?

Running your own business isn't like working for someone else and leaving the job at the door when they go home. Too often people get just a little bit over zealous thinking they have to keep going as long as they are conscious.  Know what? It's a really bad idea to do that. Working too tired can be just as disastrous as working drunk or stoned. You make mistakes that could have been avoided - sometimes irrepairable mistakes - if you had just given yourself the break you need to replenish.
Keep at it too long and your health goes straight into the crapper.

Discipline is really necessary to be able to build a successful business - but successful business people never forget that it takes discipline to know when to shut down and rest, or when it's a good time to get up and get some fresh air and exersize.

It's awesome to have your own business, but never forget to rest as hard and play as hard as you are willing to work.  You don't want to be one of the marketers who ends up in the forum talking about their near death experience when their hearts go whacked on them or about how they accidentally deleted an ebook they were almost finished with because they were working too tired and hit the wrong button at the wrong time.  Trust me on that one.

#2 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yeah I  know - I got  multiple posts on this one.  I've reported the problem and hopefully the mods will see it soon before we all start to feel like we are suffering from advanced deja vous syndrome.

#3 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Fixed :)

Is the forum slow to post?

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostHey Sal, on 03 February 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

One thing you hear real often in IM is about how many hours people put in at the computer.  Right now I'm tired enough that I could fall asleep sitting up - and just winding down to close down for the night.  I'm wondering about you folks. Anyone work so many hours that you end up waking up with waffle face - you know, that condition you get from falling asleep with your face on the keyboard?

Running your own business isn't like working for someone else and leaving the job at the door when they go home. Too often people get just a little bit over zealous thinking they have to keep going as long as they are conscious.  Know what? It's a really bad idea to do that. Working too tired can be just as disastrous as working drunk or stoned. You make mistakes that could have been avoided - sometimes irrepairable mistakes - if you had just given yourself the break you need to replenish.
Keep at it too long and your health goes straight into the crapper.

Discipline is really necessary to be able to build a successful business - but successful business people never forget that it takes discipline to know when to shut down and rest, or when it's a good time to get up and get some fresh air and exersize.

It's awesome to have your own business, but never forget to rest as hard and play as hard as you are willing to work.  You don't want to be one of the marketers who ends up in the forum talking about their near death experience when their hearts go whacked on them or about how they accidentally deleted an ebook they were almost finished with because they were working too tired and hit the wrong button at the wrong time.  Trust me on that one.

Happens way too often, working while tired.
Funny part is, the more tired you get the more unproductive you are. We should stop early and work harder in the morning/afternoon :)

#5 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Doing your own business online can be a nightmare if you can't balance it.

I hate to say I done that myself :$. You get more excited and assume the more I work online and harder the faster in pick up. I porobably don't spend the same amount I used to, but I hate the fact that I spend a lot of my time thinking about how to improve, how to do this and how to do that all day even if I am outside hanging out with friends :$

When you are own your own business online, balance it by far is the hardest part to do between your offline world and your online business.

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#6 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostKenneth, on 03 February 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Fixed :)

Is the forum slow to post?

It was last night, but actually I think it was my connection or browser rather than the forum.  I have, however, reported spam posts that seem to come in triplicate or more, so you might want to check it out.

OneGoodMan -- I am one of the few really fortunate people online whose business actually depends on me being out in the wilderness as often as possible........my main niche is rock and gem hunting so there is only so much of it that can be done online.  I have actually met many of my site members in person.  It's a real kick.

#7 Mondi

Mondi

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Ways To Make Money Online Free!

Are you Googling ways to ”make money online free”? I’ve created this blog to show you how to make money online, free, fast, and easy! Contrary to what you’ve probably read before, you do not need to spend any money to make money online. You CAN do it FREE! So here’s the deal, I’ll cut to the chase and post a list of all the sites I’m currently making money on! Now there are alot of other useful posts in this blog, including payment proof, tips, tricks, etc. So be sure to bookmark this page and come back to go through the posts, but for now, you can click the following links and join to start making money with me!
If you do not live in the US (United States), then you’ll probably find more opportunities available to your country in this post: INTERNATIONAL PAID SURVEY SITES list.
Get paid to take surveys:
GLOBAL TEST MARKET � Earn MarketPoints per survey which can be redeemed for cash. Cash out after earning 1000 MarketPoints ($50 cash) via check.
MY SURVEY � Owned by Lightspeed Research Ltd, earn between 10 and 200 points for completed surveys. Redeem your points for cash, prizes or charity donations when you have earned 1,000 or more (1,000 points = $10.00).
VINDALE RESEARCH � Earn $5 � $75 per survey or trial offers (requires credit card). Cash out after earning $50 via PayPal or check.
SURVEY DOWNLINE � Take surveys for cash. Request payment via PayPal after earning $20

http://dollarsincome.com/-59469.htm

#8 Brian Snipes

Brian Snipes

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationRobinson, TX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

Sal, one of my mentors told me to get a countdown digital timer, like one you have in your kitchen.  Set it for 60 minute intervals and when it goes off stop and make note of what you did within that 60 minutes.  Keep up with what you're doing and see if there are many unproductive things you've done throughout your day.

By keeping your did list you can soon see where you need to cut down on your time and where you can improve.  Maybe you're using too much time reading emails daily or surfing the web.  It sure helped me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users