#1 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

I am about to publish my first E-Book and I have the intension to sell it on Amazon, Click Bank, WSO.

I don't know how to estimate the price of the E-Book.

I noticed some of the member here seems to be knowledgable with Kindle, I would appreciate knowing how to estimate the book price.

My nich is how to make money online using specific method, and my main target is to spread the E-Book not making $$ from selling. The book is about 25 pages

Edited by OneGoodMan, 03 February 2012 - 08:26 PM.

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#2 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Guess it depends on the competition.
Think you should try to make it even more focused or it will be lost in the 500 other IM books.

Maybe something like "How to earn money with Fiverr" etc.

#3 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostKenneth, on 04 February 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Guess it depends on the competition.
Think you should try to make it even more focused or it will be lost in the 500 other IM books.

Maybe something like "How to earn money with Fiverr" etc.

I already finalized the name it is something similar to that and it is very specific, I am just wondering based on what can you name its price  ? I saw competitor selling for $17 while other sell for $10 and I am not sure what factors determine the price

#4 Kenneth

Kenneth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:55 AM

A low price does not necessarily make you more money though.
You should probably try different prices to see which one you get the most money from.

#5 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

I am actually considering that right now, for example x price on kindle and y price on other website.

#6 AmandaT

AmandaT

• Pro Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

Lower priced books do better on the Kindle in my experience. I've found $4.99 is the best price for a good handful of my books but with Kindle especially, you need to experiment. You could also just offer it for free if you just want to get the book spreading around the internet.

If you price them differently, remember, it MUST be cheaper for the Kindle!

COMING SOON: Easy Kindle Cash

Learn how to create quick and easy Kindle books that buyers love!

For more information, check out the Easy Kindle Cash Blog.

I also sell high quality PLR! Get your FREE PLR here!

#7 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

hi Amanda, Thanks for stopping by.

My main target is to spreak the book, but I found based on my experience, it is better to provide a book for low price than to give it for free (I used to have huge MRR & PLR E-Books library on one of my websites). When they were for free, nobody was interested, when I start to charge small fees, I started to make more sales.

It give me the impression people don't believe a value in something that happen to be 100% free

#8 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

I think that books should be priced the going rate for what they are and what niche they are in.  If you write IM ebooks, you might be able to get off a higher price tag than a more general market ebook, unless it's another technical subject, or textbook type book.  Remember - people shopping in a bookstore can buy full length books for only 8 - 9 bucks.  Is your ebook technical enough that you have a good reason to be able to hike it from the average going rate?  A text book might cost 60 bucks, but it will be hundreds of pages.  If you are putting out a 50 page ebook and try to get that knd of price, you're going to be sorely disappointed on the average, unless what your material is absolutely astounding.

#9 Brian Snipes

Brian Snipes

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationRobinson, TX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

I agree with the posts here.  You have to check your market.  What kind of ebook is it?  Is it informational, fictional, what's its genre?

One way of determining is to start off at the $4.95 and see how it sells, then if it is selling well, up the price a little at a time until you reach that point where sales start to go down.  Then back down on the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users