No replies to this topic

#1 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

Kimiroger just put up one heck of a list of suggested prime niches for everyone to browse:
http://www.makemoney...inding-a-niche/

If you are new at this, you need to consider a few things before you decide on a niche if you are gong to make a thriving business out of it.

The first is how much you already know about a subject.  When starting on low funding for quality outsourcing, you are going to have to do a lot of the Public relations (also known as organic SEO, online) yourself.  If you are right in there with some intense competition worthy info on your site, you are going no-place.  If you can't afford someone to run that part of the business for you, make sure you choose a niche that you can offer some real intense information about to viewers. You want bookmarkers reading your site.

It is a good idea if you can find a partner with all the strengths that you are missing and visa versa and split the profits. Always conduct your business in a manner conducive to finding a good partner, whether you actually do partner or not. If you think about that, it will make good sense to you.

My second piece of advise is to find something, if at all possible, that translates well into brick and mortar, too. Governments are making absolutely freakazoid laws and regulations.  What happens if you/we get shut down online?  Can you still survive in the real world if that happens.  

To go into offline further --- can you really sit in front a a computer all day or night (or both sometimes) without it driving you completely bonkers?  If you can integrate your business on/offline, you may be happier in the long run.  You will be more secure.

My answer to that for example, was a business in rock and gem hunting.  I get to participate in my favorite obsession as a course of business.  I go out in the field as often as possible to hunt the stones. I blog about them, have a website with good info, forums, a photo gallery, affiliate merchants, etc.  I can cut my finds into slabs and cabs and sell them either online or at a brick and mortar rock and gem show - I advertize on my WP.  So half of my business is online, the other half is not only real world, but forces (LMAO) me to be in the rock and gem hunting terrains as often as possible.

There's just no better way in the world to work than in a niche that you can't help but want to be an active part of both off and online and there's no safer way to run one right now either.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users