Make Money Forum Announcements

HELLO
* - - - - 3 votes

MoneySavingExpert.com Martin Lewis Reviews ?

MoneySavingExpert.com MartinLewis MoneySavingExpert.com Reviews Saving Money Online Making Money Online www.travelmoneymax.com

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: MoneySavingExpert.com Reviews (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Is MoneySavingExpert.com ....

1. Useful (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Not very useful (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Just an affiliate linkfarm (2 votes [25.00%])

4. Never used it (2 votes [25.00%])

5. I am more interested in making money, than saving money (2 votes [25.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

MoneySavingExpert.com Martin Lewis Reviews ?

Has anybody in the UK ever used moneysavingexpert.com? by Martin Lewis.

Just wondered what your reviews are on this website?

We have been asked by a few members on various forums for their reviews, and we feel this is a good topic to start.

Thanks.

#2 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

Looks like a nice website, it seems to be for U.K. only

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#3 Danny Crow

Danny Crow

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yes, moneysavingexpert.com it is for UK only. More about saving money on groceries and stuff. I am much more interested in making money.

I have been looking at reviews for all kinds of stuff recently, which is how I came to find this forum.

#4 Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Forum Staff and Research

• Moderators
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

It does seem that more people are interested in making money than saving it, although we, on this forum feel that BOTH options would be highly beneficial to the user, which is why we will be looking introduce both benefits.

There are probably many moneysavingexpert.com devotees but their forum does not deal with making money on a serious level, which is where we will be looking to enhance on the offerings.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#5 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

I never realised, but when buying currency, we have always used a website that is owned by moneysavingexpert.com, it gives a list of the best currency rates. I only noticed it was a sister site today. But it is still an affiliate, so moneysavingxpert make a commission, so I usually go direct to the source anyway.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#6 JennyWren

JennyWren

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Hmmmm
Only 1 out of the 5 options is actually positive in the poll above!

I've used the forums and found the people there friendly and helpful. I also use the guides as a starting point for research.

However, I do wonder how many understand that most of the links are affiliate links? Personally I have no problem with this as there's usually a non-affiliate option to use instead. I think Martin Lewis is very clever and has built a godd business online.

#7 Paulie Boy

Paulie Boy

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

I have used the forum on MSE too, and yes it can be very helpful, but mainly due to the amount of people on there. What you mention about the affiliate links, most people do NOT realise that nearly every link is affiliated with a commission for Martin Lewis, other than a tiny, almost hidden disclaimer. It is very squeakily done in my opinion, and I know other people have similar views. I personally find Martin Lewis extremely smug in his opinions, and when also considered that he has made millions from sneaky links, it is fairly, and blatantly obvious that the whole website is NOT created out of altruism, which is the way it is promoted. It is a business  model that makes him money, but it is not done out of the love of the consumer, and he is not any consumer champion in my eyes. It is all for profit, pure, and simple.

Edited by Paulie Boy, 20 May 2012 - 01:34 AM.

Also tagged with MoneySavingExpert.com, MartinLewis, MoneySavingExpert.com Reviews, Saving Money Online, Making Money Online, www.travelmoneymax.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users