Make Money Forum Announcements

HELLO
- - - - -

Selling on eBay or Amazon for Profit

eBay selling eBay profits Amazon profits Selling on Amazon eBay Dropshipping eBay Problems Amazon Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image

Selling on eBay or Amazon

Unless you have been living somewhere remote for the last 10 years, you will know that eBay, and Amazon have fast become two of the largest websites in the world.

The main reason for this, is that they both allow their customers to make money, AND save money (sound familiar?). But, seriously, if you are looking to start an online business, then you would be foolish to discount these two eCommerce giants.

The real advantage with selling your products on eBay, or Amazon, is that THEY provide all the traffic for you. By traffic, I mean visitors, potential customers, BUYERS.

Sure, you have to pay a fee to take advantage of this avalanche of traffic, but by using the branding, and market positioning that these two websites already have, you can save yourself a whole load of wasted time.

If you started your business away from such 'ready-made' business opportunities, then you would have to generate traffic, and customers; which although possible, would take you a lot longer than using websites where customer loyalty is already established.

People now use eBay, and Amazon like a religion. Seriously, and this means that if you have products to sell, then there are few better places to start.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#2 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

Amazon and eBay used to be great place to sell specially physical products to be fair, their fees are crazily high specially with high competetion. If you want to make money I would advice start there but don't stay there

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#3 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Yes, I agree. Both can be a great place to start, and to be building up a client base. Actually, using your own website together with both eBay and Amazon would be a good idea, as that way you can divert the customers after a sale to a website with no fees. Many sellers do this.

I used to sell on eBay myself, and this is what I used to do.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#4 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

I also agree that selling on ebay is the best place to sell your product. I used to think what can I sell if I didn't have product. When I first knew about dropshipping, it solved my problem. I didn't have to have capital and to store products. Honestly, I started from zero. I made few hundred dollars from drop shipping method in a month. My strong advise is if anyone out there wants to start online business. Dropshipping method is the best for beginners.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy
http://stay-at-home-daddy.com/

#5 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

I never use amazon. Do day accept paypal?
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy

#6 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

I never use amazon. Do they accept paypal for transaction?
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy

#7 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

Yes, and should also make them think twice about spamming!

Posted Image

Their false reviews are not doing them any good with that posting there!

Think before you spam, as there is always a consequence.

#8 Izzonet

Izzonet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostStarchaser Katie, on 09 February 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

Selling on eBay or Amazon

Unless you have been living somewhere remote for the last 10 years, you will know that eBay, and Amazon have fast become two of the largest websites in the world.

The main reason for this, is that they both allow their customers to make money, AND save money (sound familiar?). But, seriously, if you are looking to start an online business, then you would be foolish to discount these two eCommerce giants.

The real advantage with selling your products on eBay, or Amazon, is that THEY provide all the traffic for you. By traffic, I mean visitors, potential customers, BUYERS.

Sure, you have to pay a fee to take advantage of this avalanche of traffic, but by using the branding, and market positioning that these two websites already have, you can save yourself a whole load of wasted time.

If you started your business away from such 'ready-made' business opportunities, then you would have to generate traffic, and customers; which although possible, would take you a lot longer than using websites where customer loyalty is already established.

People now use eBay, and Amazon like a religion. Seriously, and this means that if you have products to sell, then there are few better places to start.

Hello,

I think both amazon and ebay can contribute a lot to the selling progress.
but for the long term, i will defently prefer ebay to sell products.

Also tagged with eBay selling, eBay profits, Amazon profits, Selling on Amazon, eBay Dropshipping, eBay Problems, Amazon Problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users