7 replies to this topic

#1 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

So I am moving tomorrow everyone. Going to Bend, Oregon.  Praying for no snow for a couple of days so I don't have to hassle with it on the drive there.  Will see ya all in about 2 days. Maybe only one - not sure how long it will take to figure out how to hook this beast up again. LOL.  I am such a techno-moron.

#2 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

have a safe trip.

I wish I am in Oregon. :wub:  It is a lovely state. Hopefully move to it one day.

Drive safe

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#3 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

Good luck with the move, Sal. I know from experience that moving can be very stressful :huh:
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#4 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

Thanks everyone.  I'm stalling right now.  Will be turning my computer off and packing it up in just a few minutes.

Not Stressed at all Katie.  I'm excited -- but then if you've ever seen Bend, you'd understand.

#5 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

Well I'm back.  Not real thrilled about the digs, so I will be looking for other housing soon, but the area itself is absolutely awesome and I am thrilled to be here.  Especially since my computer is set up again.  It is hell being offline when you are used to daily connection -- at least in the winter when you can't really do any rock and gem hunting while you are shut down. LOL.

#6 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Great to hear that you are back, Sal, and as expected you came back with some great posts and insight :)

Excellent news about the location.

I have move a few times in my life, and not the best experience I must say.

Katie x
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#7 Hey Sal

Hey Sal

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Actually Katie - I move a lot.  I'm single, no kids, and part of what I do in the real world is gem hunt, and trade.  So I move around so I can explore other regions I couldn't really just afford to go off and visit.  I also enjoy the heck out of working in tourism, so that means going to resort areas.   As a single in a really nasty economy, this move was more out of necessity than anything else - but I already know the area I just landed in - and it's an awesome place. One of my favorites in this whole country.

Life is just to short not to see everything you want to.

#8 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

I like your free spirit, Sal.

And I must say you like you have quite an exciting life.

I also agree, that life is far too short not to follow what you really want to do. Regrets are not something you want in later life.

Good on you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users