#1 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

I used to think that selling in ebay is difficult because I have to buy and store my product before selling it in ebay. With dropshipping method, I tried it in ebay and it worked well and I make profit.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy
http://stay-at-home-daddy.com/

#2 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

I am a Top Seller on eBay, never tried droppshipping but I did consider it.

I like eBay, but their fees annoy me because PayPal is owned by eBay, and as a seller I have to pay fees to both of them.

eBay fees are not low :) and it keep getting higher.

As far as droppshipping, there are high competetion in most of profotable niches over there

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#3 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

To be a reseller for a dropshipper, make sure that the dropshipper offers FREE TRIAL. This is very important for a reseller to evaluate the dropshippers' service.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy

#4 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

One good thing about drop shipping is that you can start selling almost immediately especially in Ebay. Once a customer won the bid in ebay, the reseller quickly sends order to the drop shipper. Product will reach in 2 weeks.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy

#5 azman1076

azman1076

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Ebay is one of the best place to sell your drop shipped items because you can mark up until nearly 100%.That depends on type of product you sell. I know a lot of resellers in eBay making high profit even though they sell only 100 to 200 products a month.
Azman
StayAtHomeDaddy

#6 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

View Postazman1076, on 15 February 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

To be a reseller for a dropshipper, make sure that the dropshipper offers FREE TRIAL. This is very important for a reseller to evaluate the dropshippers' service.

Not many dropshippers offer free trials, why would they. Most are paid for services to keep the public out, which is a fair way to do business, and it protects the dropshippers from price checking.
http://www.makemoneyforum.com - Forum Moderator

#7 MarkLu

MarkLu

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

I tried making money in ebay once, and I did find it very difficult. if anybody has any real tips, then I would appreciate it.

mark

#8 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't think it is that difficult Mark, although you will of course need to learn the basics of what is required, how it works properly and what dropshipping as a business model actually brings to you as a business person.

Many people use dropshipping very successfully.

#9 Growler

Growler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostOneGoodMan, on 12 February 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

I am a Top Seller on eBay, never tried droppshipping but I did consider it.

I like eBay, but their fees annoy me because PayPal is owned by eBay, and as a seller I have to pay fees to both of them.

eBay fees are not low :) and it keep getting higher.

As far as droppshipping, there are high competetion in most of profotable niches over there

if you dont mind me asking, what is it you sell over there on ebay? Do you have a formula when picking products to sell?

#10 OneGoodMan

OneGoodMan

Advanced Member

• Pro Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Mixed. I used to sell Books on Ebay (through half.com) so I don't have to pay for Ebay each time listing fee (it is free if you listing it through half.com). Sometimes, I got local deals on electronics and I sell them.

I also tried reselling, buy from big sellers on ebay for lower price and sell it.

I think cloth as well as replacement parts are the most active things on eBay, but the problem is huge competition. Specially with many seller import these stuff from China in thousands of dollars and cut better deals from the suppliers than I will if I import for $1000 or $2000

As far as picking an item, I usually watch before selling, specially in Holiday period, I had one type of Monopoly for halloween on Sale in both Amazon and Borders (in borders is was sold for around $9) I think they were trying to get rid of what they have.

These sold on no time on eBay. If you keep an eye on the market you can tell a lot, before u sell or buy an item check the current sellers and how often are they making sales, and how many sales are they making (you can find that out on eBay, these r not private info)

Edited by OneGoodMan, 31 March 2012 - 09:00 PM.

Looking for Highest rebates on your online purchases ? Panda Cash Back

#11 Starchaser Katie

Starchaser Katie

• Moderators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Very interesting post, OneGoodMan. A lot of people have interest in selling on ebay, and to hear views from somebody who has done it well, is great.

Katie x

#12 bamabucks

bamabucks

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Have made money with ebay,Amazon,click bank and others but i still think starting ur own website is key.Dont get me wrong i do know people that make a heap of money on Ebay but now it is so affordable to create ur own website as long as you put the effort in.I love smart phones i blog a little about it.I am starting from scratch on this one called mobiltech4u.com.I found this book on Click Bank called How to start a cell phone business.It is a road map so well written and answers many questions.I sell broke and used phones on ebay,webstore and my favorite craigs list but had no idea how to but wholesale through a broker and sell plans from sprint,verizon,att and tmobil.Im so excited to give this a try.remember KNOWLEGE IS POWER if you want to check out my blogs http://mobiltech4you.blogspot.com/ or http://smartphonerig...w.blogspot.com/
Just another idea but you have to find what works for you....

Edited by bamabucks, 04 April 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#13 bamabucks

bamabucks

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

One more thing onegood man i so respect you ebay is a hard place to compete at least that has been my experience.You need to right an ebook on your experience would love to read..

#14 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostOneGoodMan, on 31 March 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

I also tried reselling, buy from big sellers on ebay for lower price and sell it.

Reselling is the way to generate some good money but you don't do it from ebay.  Buy things locally from craigslist etc and THEN put them on ebay.  If you are looking for deals to buy low and sell high on ebay you end up fighting for a few bucks here and there.  If you look locally, most of the time people just want to get rid of stuff.  You are basically doing them a favor by purchasing and getting rid of their junk.  Then you can look to sell on ebay and make some real profits.  You just have to do your research and find products that work well.  Cell phones is a HUGE market to get started with.

#15 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Interesting post,  and view there, everythingsimple. You have actually made some insightful posts, hopefully for the benefit of the forum, and not just for a signature. We hope not.

#16 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

I share a general interest of learning how to make money online just like everyone else here.  While others may be knowledgeable on SEO or article syndication (I am slowly learning) I do know how to generate profits from ebay and like to share information I have gathered with others.

#17 Izzonet

Izzonet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

View Posteverythingsimpl, on 29 April 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Reselling is the way to generate some good money but you don't do it from ebay.  Buy things locally from craigslist etc and THEN put them on ebay.  If you are looking for deals to buy low and sell high on ebay you end up fighting for a few bucks here and there.  If you look locally, most of the time people just want to get rid of stuff.  You are basically doing them a favor by purchasing and getting rid of their junk.  Then you can look to sell on ebay and make some real profits.  You just have to do your research and find products that work well.  Cell phones is a HUGE market to get started with.

Interesting post.

but tell me, beside cell phones market, can you recommened on other products, that also consider to be hugh market?

#18 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

I think cell phones is by far the easiest market for a few reasons, 1. They are small and they are a proven winner (you don't want a lot of junk in your home or living space) 2. The turnover is huge (iPhone 5 in May????) 3. Everyone has them.

Now, I say the cell phones because they are a SUSTAINABLE product that you can really make money on a yearly basis rather than a quick fix to get some cash.  

I haven't really looked into other products as of late.  When I first dabbled in ebay it was mostly golf clubs, old bmx bikes (had them laying around) some computers and other tech items.  Originally, I thought I would make extra money by searching out garage sales and buying stuff and flipping it on eBay.  The problem with this is that you are essentially a pawn shop on wheels and you need to know what you can make on these items before buying them.  Anything on eBay is a risk.....meaning that there is NO GUARANTEE that anyone will buy what you are selling.  Do you really want a bunch of broken TVs, computers, bikes, or whatever else laying around because no one bought it?

I thought that the golf clubs would be a huge hit, I am a scratch golfer so I know the market.  The problem is that they depreciate very quickly, most online shoppers know EXACTLY what they want and what they SHOULD be paying......the craigslist->eBay system just doesn't work here.  

Ultimately, you are limited to what is available to you in your area, what can you get your hands on continually, month after month in your area and then turn and sell it on eBay.  I suspect that this might be different to everyone but do your homework.  It seems like tech items are the way to go, especially if you have skills.  Another way to look at it,  my brother is an engineer and very capable of fixing computers and tvs.  While in college, he would routinely by broken tvs, and computers and fix them for himself.  He could have easily made a killing selling the working items back on eBay.  I suspect that for the amount of money it took him to fix most items, he could actually have acquired them from eBay and sold them via craigslist and STILL made profit.  

I know this is a lot of rambling but it is the best advice that I can give.  You need to find items that meet these requirements, you find them locally, there is an abundance, they are proven sellers on eBay.  If you can find something that meets those criteria then you have a winner that you can base a business around rather than being the local junk man.  I once made 200.00 off a 70's fender twin amp from craigslist but I wouldn't be trying to search those out constantly to make money.  Hope this all makes sense.  Maybe someone else can chime in?

#19 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Surely one of the problems with phones though, is the amount of crime associated with them, fakes, charge-backs, etc. on ebay?

#20 everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl

Graduated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Yes, this is a tough situation.  I know that some of the phones that I get are probably stolen, but I don't know for sure so I don't worry about it too much.  There are bad esn phones out there, they still sell but at less of a price.  From a strictly moral stand point, the last thing that I want to do is encourage people to steal phones from others and bring them for me.  To get around this I usually ask for the accessories as well, original box (most people do have this still) charger etc.  I would like to think that this would deter criminal activity but it is really out of my hands.  I use my best judgement.  If something doesn't sound or look quite right then I back away.

Surprisingly enough, there have only been two disputes.....lost both (we know how paypal is).  The first one was total BS, buyer overseas claimed to have never received product when he in fact did.  Lesson learned, no more overseas selling.  The other one was what I think was buyers remorse and they wanted their money back, I refunded no problem after the first dispute.  

I guess with whatever you are selling you will have buyer issues with charge backs and the like whether it be used cell phones or digital books or whatever.

I haven't run into fakes yet.  I think that those might be tempting for people trying to buy off ebay and then re-sell on ebay.  I will only buy phones locally and really am not sure if the fakes have got to my area yet.  I check most phones out the best I can so hopefully I minimize any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users